2-10-11.

This girl.

I'll truly be disappointed if someone else gets to her heart before me.

Talk to, mess around, date, blah blah blah ... can't say that I really care. I don't. She could talk to someone tomorrow and I'd feel indifferent. For that matter I plan on talking to someone tomorrow so who am I to care?

But to really know her, to get to know her on that level that few people can achieve with other people? Yes, I'd be disappointed if someone got there before me.

I say this knowing that someone will because this is how the universe works. And this is how I work because while I understand the feeling that I don't want anyone else there, I understand that I myself don't want to be there either. You know what comes with reaching that summit? Intense feelings accompanied by confusion and second-guessing and losing interest in things that you think matter. Putting that person above other things and rearranging things and then life becomes a shaky game of Jenga and like all games of Jenga things.

Will.

Come.

Tumbling.

Down.

1 comment:

Mercedes said...

Eric, you are speaking the words that I could not simply speak. I needed to read this. Reading this has helped me realize what it is I want at this point in my life. You've helped. Thank you <3