Finished the February mixtape. Later than when I said I would, yes, but I was kind of swamped with schoolwork. I had an essay that I put off to the last minute because I was unable to find my outlines and research information for a week. To this day I don't know where I lost it -- it was sitting on my bed for me on Saturday night.

I wasn't sure whether or not I should make a February love-themed mix, or just a random mix. I decided against the love theme as I'm sure there will be plenty of those to be found in the upcoming days leading up to Valentine's Day. Instead I just put together some songs I listen to as I study. It isn't long, just 8 tracks at 30 minutes. And excuse the horrible cover art lol.



There's a literary contest going on at my school and some surrounding schools. Poetry, short stories, things of that nature. I kind of want to enter but I don't really have anything. I have a story but it isn't short per se so I can't really enter that. The deadline is Feb. 18th so I told myself I would just write a short story by then but that's definitely easier said than done. Thinking of an idea, writing, editing ... I think that'll take me longer than 10 days. Especially since I can't even think of a simple idea. Everything that comes to mind isn't good enough. I'm hoping something strikes me by then as I would really like to enter the contest. I want to be a writer so I feel like I should capitalize on things like this.

Today is going to be a long day class-wise as I have three of 'em, starting at 9:30. I'm looking forward to the three hours of sleep I'm going to be able to get when I go home andddd ... I think I'm going to go get a manicure/pedicure after school. Yeah, I know. Lmao.

No comments: