Untitled

You ever talked to someone who you knew you couldn't be with at the moment, but felt like at some point they'd be meant for you?  I don't know how to explain that in any other way besides someone being there for you at the wrong time ... except not at the wrong time. Like the whole time you weren't together was for you two to grow, get mad, laugh, experience everything else life had to offer and THEN experience each other. And it's weird because I don't mean this in a sense of your soulmate or the person you're going to be with forever; just someone who you were supposed to be with. Maybe for the long haul, maybe not, but at the very least together.

That's crazy.

So yeah, about the day I had today. Or yesterday. Even crazier. I've been speaking a lot about these shoes, the Air Jordan Cool Grey 11s. Probably the one thing that I wanted this whole year. Well needless to say, I missed out on them. Everywhere I went they were sold out and I was unable to get a pair. Heartbreaking. I just wanted to outline the journey that my friend and I took to try to get these. (times are approximate)

5:20 - Arrive at West County Mall. See two crowds outside of Finish Line and Foot Locker. Leave because a friend of mine called and told me to come to the mall he's at.

5:40 - Arrive at South County Mall. Stand outside of Foot Locker for 15 minutes only to find out that they're only selling kid sizes. Go downstairs to Champs, they've already given out tickets of the sizes they have available. Only 13s left. Not my size (10.5/11). Go to Finish Line, they only have 8 pairs of shoes total. TOTAL. Out of luck basically.

7:20 - Arrive at Chesterfield Mall. They're all sold out at Finish Line and Foot Locker wasn't even carrying them. Bummed. While in Victoria Secrets (my friend was shopping for his girl) I call Finish Line at another mall and they say they have 3 pairs. RUN to the car and drive to that mall.

While en route to that mall my phone freezes and the navigation goes out. Take a wrong turn and lose about 10 minutes. This'll be important later.

Cross over into Illinois (yeah, we went to another state), take another wrong turn. Get back on track rather quickly though, make it to mall.

8:15 - Walk into store and before we even step three feet in the guy behind the counter shakes his head. Says that we just missed out on them. I look up and there's a guy at the counter with 2 bags. He has one of my shoes in that bag, I'm pissed.

After that we're just depressed and all of our options are depleted. We leave, go to my crib to charge our phones and then get something to eat. Checking eBay and the shoes are already being put on sale for $325. :|

I won't lie and say that I wasn't down about it because I was. I don't ask or want much, not as I've grown older. Certain things though I really want and these were one of those things. When I was growing up I never got Jordans, my mom would never buy them for me so while some people are nostalgic about these retro shoes because they get to get them again, I'm getting them for the first time. I was never a part of the Jordan phenomenon when I was younger. This is my chance to experience them, to attain what I was unable to attain back then. So yeah, it isn't so much as me wanting a silly shoe, but the fact that I love Jordan as a player, what the shoes embody and how it relates to the 9 yr. old Eric who had to watch his friends walk around in cool shoes while his sucked.

No comments: