I was having a conversation yesterday with someone about celibacy and abstaining from sex. The conversation didn't get super deep, but it let me know some more about the person I was talking to. It also made me think about myself.
I'm "celibate", but I feel as if there should be an asterisk next to that. It started off as just me not having sex after the last time I engaged in it, probably because I felt weird about the experience. And then it turned to, "uhh, so nobody wants to have sex with me??" to where I am now, which is, "I'm quite good on sex. For the moment."
Before I had sex for the first time my goal was to wait until marriage. Obviously that didn't happen, but I feel as if I'm in a similar mindset right now. I don't want to wait for marriage, oh no, but I do want to have meaningful sex. My sexual life is very short and surprises people who learn my 'number', but within that I've learned what I do and do not expect out of sex.
I've had meaningless sex. It isn't a great thing. I mean, there's a reason why it's called meaningless. I've also been deprived of that deep, passionate sex and that's sort of what I desire right now. In my mind the best chance for that kind is within a relationship, and with my track record of avoiding relationships -- well, you can put 2 and 2 together. It probably isn't happening anytime soon.
Thing is, I have the regular guy urges and I know that given the opportunity and placed with an attractive woman, outside of being in a relationship, I'm still probably likely to engage. Maybe not, I do have above average self-control (with some things), but who knows. I'm not limiting myself. I guess what my objective is is to make every sexual experience count for something. Nothing empty and hollow.
1 comment:
I wish I could "like" this post, lol just because well, I totally agree with it.
Meaningless sex is gives you the instant gratification of just that, but everything else that's great is in the detailing of passionate love making and blunty put, just really great fucking.
Post a Comment