I'm going to Miami with one of my bruhs, either in March or May. It basically depends on whether or not I get a new car and a second job. I'm pretty hype about it because I'll get to do one of the things I promised myself I'd do in 2011 which is travel.
Besides travel I don't really have anything that I want to do in 2011. Save $4,000, write more stories, take more pictures, decrease my internet usage.
Back in October I deactivated my facebook and it was one of the best things I've done. I thought that I wouldn't be able to not be on facebook (which shows you something is wrong with me) but the longer I've gone without it, the more I don't care about not having it. It's almost incredulous the amount of time I wasted on there, and what's worse, the inauthentic relationships I had because of facebook. People who weren't my "friends", but just a number added to a friend count. Oh, and the privacy issues.
So that was the first step of me doing more. Also in 2011 I would like to forge a genuine relationship with someone. And I know it's one of those, "don't look for it, it'll look for you," but I've been tip-toeing around actually being IN a relationship for almost 5 years. Half of it is the quality of women around me and the other half is me actually being scared as hell of the idea of being in a grown-up, committed relationship.
2010 wasn't a bad year though, not at all. I had a job for 10/12 months which is great. Didn't save up that much money which sucks so I want to learn from that. Met some new people that I can hang with here in STL. Celebrated the Lakers winning a championship. You know, the best things in life.
Here's to 2011 bringing in even better things.
2 comments:
i hope you do come, it'd be great to meet you IRL. god i'm such an internet nerd, but yes do come to miami!
Hey, we're both internet nerds!
It'd be great to meet you too though. :D
Post a Comment