Melencolia I
I'm currently reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. I'm extremely late in reading this, but I've been waiting for the school library to have it free. It's been checked out for almost a year! That's crazy. I probably should've just bought it, but I don't know. Anyway, I checked it out on Oct. 7th and it's due Oct. 28th. I didn't start reading it until Oct. 25th. :| So yeah, I have to read this entire book in three days.
One of the reasons why I love Dan Brown novels is the history in it, and the random observations that he places in them. I especially love the references and backgrounds to art, like the painting above.
I'm currently on page 360 out of like, 465 I think. Looks like I'll be returning it in a day late. I'm really into it now though, I may just knock it out after school today. I plan on getting another book that I can read this weekend. I was invited to go to Homecoming at one of the colleges down here with a friend of mine that hosts parties, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to just opt to stay home. Not because I'm boring, but to save money. I want to save, save, save, not spend, spend, spend ... and it's highly unlikely that I can ever go out of town and not spend money.

No comments:
Post a Comment