I haven't been on Facebook for a little over a month now I believe. It feels great. I actually didn't think I could do it. I'll think sometimes, "hmm, I wonder if so and so is wondering where I am," but when I left I told everyone that I was, and to hit me with an email or phone number and few people did. That either means they didn't think I'd actually leave, or people just don't care about me lol. Most likely the latter.
So what else of relevance happened today/yesterday ...
Well, I spent about 20, 30 minutes talking to the girl I'm digging. That's the good news. The bad news is she's planning on leaving after this semester, going back to Georgia. Now I'm faced with not only the thought of wondering if she'd like me, but if she did, would it be worth it to talk to someone knowing that they would be leaving.
I think I have to take that leap though.
There are insecurities involved though. During our conversation the topic of Atlanta came up, and she was just mentioning how easy it is to get caught up in making money down there, and losing sight of what's important. And then it got to how everyone down there is making money, or something, and she mentioned how her ex boyfriend's family owned a line of funeral homes. Not in like a, "let me tell you about my ex!" type of way, it was really just the flow of the conversation I guess. And then she mentioned how he paid for her apartment for half a year, and tried to buy her a car. She did mention how she broke up with him because it was boring, and the gifts and whatnot were boring but still ... uhm, I'm the farthest from that. I don't want to say that it made me feel inadequate, but all that was going through my head was, "yeahhhh, maybe I shouldn't pursue you. I can't do half of the shit that dude did."
Maybe I'm just trippin' though.
2 comments:
That's weird convo. "Lemme tell you about all the lavish things my ex did so you'll know that if you aren't gonna match it, ciao."
You're not trippin. She's wack.
Yeah, you're most likely right, but come on Ki, you know I don't want to believe that!
For some reason it really seemed to follow the flow of the conversation, but IDK ... I like her so of course I'm confused lol.
Post a Comment