Okay, I don't need a second job, but I want one, especially if I'm to obtain a new car by the end of the year. I applied for a loan earlier today ... not really extremely hopeful that I'll get it, but who knows. Actually, if I don't get it it's probably a sign from God that I need to seriously take care of my credit card debt. I think about how many times I could've just paid it off, and just nonchalantly dismissed it. I had a job a few years ago where I was pulling in $1,000 checks, $650 checks routinely, but the thought never crossed my mind to just pay it off with one check. Things would be so much easier for me right now, but I guess that's the life of a 19 year-old.
My car plans are as follows:
If I don't get the loan, keep searching for a second job, and continue to save up. Then, in April or May, get the Yaris.
If I do get the loan, I'll be getting this Dodge Caliber within the next month or so. It's only about $9,700 and it's a 2007. The mileage is also super low, and it's from Enterprise, so it's well-maintained.
That's what the 2007 Dodge Caliber looks like. I really like it. In the meantime, I'm going to be curbing my spending once again. I had my month of fun with shopping for clothes and shoes & whatnot, but back to the frugal version of Eric.
I'm also not quite sure where I'm going to have the time to work a second job. My daily schedule is as follows:
10:30 p.m. - 4:30 a.m. - Work
5 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. - Either kill time, or sometimes sleep (not much time to really sleep though)
9:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. - School
3 p.m. - 8 p.m. - Sleep
9:30 p.m. - Start getting ready for work
10:00 p.m. - Go to work
I figure the best (re: only) time for me to have a second job would be in that 3 - 8 p.m. block, but that's pretty much the only sleep I get. I'm not really 100% sure how I'd be able to fit something in, but regardless, I'm going to go looking around You never know.
2 comments:
Paying it all off with one check won't really help your credit at all. It'll put you back at zero. Pay monthly (more than the minimums or else you'll never pay it off) because they wanna see that you can pay bills consistently. After that you should have great credit if that's all you have to pay. I wish mine was that easy :[ Good luck!
You're right. I really should do it in increments. I've just had it for so long I wanna be done with it. :[ It's a ridiculous burden.
Post a Comment