Champions.

See this picture? Amazing. I want a full-size poster of this on my wall. I'd pay whatever, this photo is niiiiiice.

So obviously the Lakers won because I haven't written my suicide note on here. No, seriously, that game had me so nervous. I was snapping on my sister, cursing a little bit, heart beating kind of fast ... & then about 3 minutes into the 4th quarter I had to leave for work. I immediately found "Kobe Bryant | Lil' Wayne" on my iPod, turned it up and got HYPE to it. I mean, I was beyond hype. Bouncing around, volume on blast, windows rolled down. I played it 2 1/2 times on the way to work and when I got to work I got a text message from my friend that said 66 - 64, and I was super happy. Ended up watching the last 4 minutes of the game on a sucky, chopped up stream but it was worth it. Lakers are still World Champs.

Moving on past that though (for now). I was having a conversation with my friend's gf about my lack of a credible love life. Somehow that arose out of me never having profile pics of my face. [For the record, I don't like my face, I don't love my face, and if you ever see a picture of my face ... that means that for that second in time a photo captured a more than average still image of my face.] But back to the conversation. I was telling her about the many failed attempts at a relationship I've had in St. Louis (there have been many). I'm a pretty lowkey guy when it comes to who I talk to so no one really knows how many girls I've "talked" to in my city. There have been plenty though, and the fact that I can count on two hands how many girls have disappointed me in the last 12 months from my city isn't good. Then she mentioned that, "maybe you need to find someone out of St. Louis, St. Louis girls aren't for you."

Uhh, duh.

So anyway, later on, joking around with some friends, one of them was like, "Ha, that's why all your women are on Skype!" I was just like, :|. Lol. It was funny though but me being lowkey has backfired on me. No one knows that I've tried with St. Louis women. I'm talking to one now and I can see already it isn't going to work. I've stopped replying to her texts after only one week. She's just the same as the rest of them, which usually never surfaces until after I've invested a little time. I thought she was different, but nah. Her true St. Louisian self manifested.

"Shallow nigga, but deep enough to have gone swimming
I think I'm spending all my time with the wrong women
I think I have a chance at love, but knowing me I miss it
Cause me dedicating my time just isn't realistic."

So what about the random "Skype women" that I do get interested in? Well, I just flirt with them and say this-and-that, but rarely commit. I mean, why get invested in someone from California, or someone from Florida, or from wherever your ISP has claimed you a resident of? Isn't it pointless? Ridiculous? Not worth it? I think so.

Or thought so.

My stance on that is changing. I jumped from girls from out of state are awesome to long-distance relationships are NOT worth it to where I am right now: the next girl I truly like, I'm going in for. If she lives in St. Louis, great. I'm going to accept her for what she is and see what happens. If she lives in Florida? Cool. I'm going to keep liking her and instead of seeing a brick wall where there should be "possible future", I'm going to see an endless tunnel. And I'm going to treat it like she lived in St. Louis, and make her mine, and book flights because ...

I don't want to have dreams that I'll be single forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Long distance isn't THAT bad. I feel like it forces you to get to know the stuff that would typically come tertiary.

And eventually, you can get your frequent flyer miles up so you can take a big free trip together.

the dumb flyest. said...

Veryyyy true.

I'm scared of flying though. :(