You ever like someone ... and tried to make it work ... but realized they were better with someone else? Like, as much as they complained about so and so, or whatever, they were that person's best friend on the inside? And you know when two people have something special, as crooked as it may be, so you don't mess with it. You may pull out and it might make that person mad because they think they want you, when really all they needed/wanted was just something a lil' different from what their "soulmate" had given them.
And then you realize all of your friends were right about her.
That ever happen to you?
I bet you think it happened to me. Well it did, but I brush that shit off oh-so-swiftly. I won't pretend like it doesn't affect me though. It does to a degree.
Moving on with life though ...
I've decided to undergo rehab. Like, f'realz. I tried to get Amy to come with me but she wasn't for it. I don't even know if I can do this ... but I'm just tired of people telling me I can't. Tired of people telling me my kidneys will fail, my sperm count will be low ... ALL OF IT!! So readers of my blog ... I, Eric, aka the dumb flyest lol, am giving up Pepsi for the rest of my life ... or ...
Until January 1. Whoo! Don't know if I can really do it, but I'm going to try. What's worse is just thinking about it makes me want to go get one. I'm trying to be strong, but ... I just don't know. =[
Moving on to the real part of my blog though ... (that's the only segway I can make today as you can tell by the one above)
I'm sure you all have heard of "The 48 Laws of Power". I'm going to just randomly take one and comment on it. Just for the heck of it, yehknow?
Law 33
Discover Each Man’s Thumbscrew
"Everyone has a weakness, a gap in the castle wall. That weakness is usually an insecurity, an uncontrollable emotion or need; it can also be a small secret pleasure. Either way, once found, it is a thumbscrew you can turn to your advantage."
Growing up I loved video games. I still do, but my interest in them has waned. I remember playing Tekken ALL THE DAMN TIME. We had some friends that stayed upstairs in the apartment complex we lived in, and they were all older with the exception of the girl who was slightly mentally ... challenged (no lie) who had this crazy crush on me. Her teeth were like, red from Flaming Hot Cheetos and she said my name like, "ERGHICKKKK". Ugh.
At any rate, they used to kick my ass in Tekken all of the time, until I discovered this trick ... when I used Eddy Gordo (and sometimes Tiger Jackson) and did this lil' trick where I swept their legs they could never stop me. Some may have called it cheating, exploiting the system or w/e ... I called it using it to my advantage. I won. They were mad. I was happy.
When you find out someone's weakness it makes you stronger. You don't even have to expose it, as it can be somewhat asshole-ish to do so. Ever gotten into a fight with a friend and had them threaten, "don't make me put your shit on blast!" ... isn't that so dirty? Nah, I like to know people's weakness, their flaws ... because it lets me build. Build what makes them so strong, and find out how not build their weakness.
For instance, if I see that Nelly was the hottest rapper in St. Louis, then he did blah blah ... I wouldn't go do blah blah blah. Sometimes for me, learning from someones mistakes is using their weakness and judgement to my advantage.
I pretty much just like having the upper hand though ... and your insecurity will most definitely be my secret pleasure.
[evil laugh]
No, I kid. =]
Oh, and laugh along with me and click this, if you didn't catch it from my twitter.
No comments:
Post a Comment