3 Things ...
1. When I went to the store to buy some juice, I walked past the soda aisle ... It's true ... the first day is the hardest.
2. I think I may be growing my hair back out.
3. I haven't written any new, HARD -ish in a minute. I did do a remix to Green Light though, but not sure when I'll record that. Been trying to just work on original stuff for the 'tape.
I'm currently converting "The Mist" for my iPod and downloading "Wall-E". It's amazing the movies that I haven't seen that I promised myself I would. I'm getting all these movies now because I'm trying to transition myself to an earlier bedtime. Usually I just don't sleep or I go to sleep around 1 or 2 ... then get up at 6 or 7. Just doesn't add up yehknow? I've decided since movies put me to sleep I'll just put a whole crapola of movies on my iPod, watch them in bed and before you know it ... bam. I'm out. I also gotta shut down anything else electronic in my room by 11:30 p.m. I'll be up forever reading sports articles on ESPN.com. No bueno.
I'm listening to this Shwayze album. Waaaay better than most rap music that I listen to. Nice laid-back vibe. I honestly can't even listen to most rap music, which doesn't bode well for me being a rapper ... simply because I know you non-rapper people are tired of rappers. Everyone is trying to make it. I just gotta keep doing me, keep rapping ... while at the same time I feel like I need to discover a new hobby.
Continuing on with my series though ...
Law 38
Think as you like but Behave like others
"If you make a show of going against the times, flaunting your unconventional ideas and unorthodox ways, people will think that you only want attention and that you look down upon them. They will find a way to punish you for making them feel inferior. It is far safer to blend in and nurture the common touch. Share your originality only with tolerant friends and those who are sure to appreciate your uniqueness."
Isn't it great when people are different? They bring something new to the table, offer fresh insight, open our eyes to things we would have never imagined ...
MAN, FUCK THAT.
Or at least that's how it seems.
Life still is, in 2008 and going into 2009, about conformity. When you're too different, people become afraid. It's quite common ... "people don't like what they can't understand".
A lot of people preach individuality and shit, but when they try to act it out, they just blend in. By being like everyone else though, you can do just that ... blend in. Slip into the crowd, and stand out only when you want to.
I fell victim to that early on in my short-lived life. I didn't know any better. I wanted the same clothes as everyone else, and acted like them too. When I rapped, I rapped like them. When I ran, I ran like them. I wasn't original, although I felt conflicted on the inside.
At some point I realized it wasn't worth it ...
And you'll never be the ONLY person who thinks like you or just does things like you do ... but as long as you think for yourself, it'll be alright.
Good thing I have "tolerant friends ... who are sure to appreciate" my uniqueness. Do you?
1 comment:
I appreciate you.
:)
P.S. Go watch WALL-E!
Post a Comment