H-O stands for ...

Rebecca always has the best insight when she comments my blog. Sometimes she agrees and sometimes she doesn't, but she always explains it so concisely.

Yesterday I was tired from doing some things for the funeral and posted a blog saying how I just want a girl to make me happy.

"At least let me tell you why I'm this way, hold on ..."

I do want a girl to make me happy. Well, not MAKE me happy but yes, make me happy.

I know who I am. I know the things I like and the things I dislike. Certain things in life make me happier than others and I try to make sure there's an abundance of those things in my presence. Currently I have no woman (though there's a person ...) in my life. That spot is void of anything. But when someone does occupy it I hope that person is magnificent.

I want that person to be beautiful (in my eyes) and intelligent and well-rounded. Well-read, slightly athletic maybe, musically inclined perhaps. Opinionated, progressively thinking, open-minded. A sense of direction, an eye to the future, a sense of humor that is readily tapped into.

And amidst all of these things, I need her to make me happy.

Why else should I have that woman? She can possess all of those qualities, but if she can't put a smile on my face, then why bother? Why have someone who can't make me laugh when I'm down, and smile at the simplest things? Whose smile itself could warm my heart and incite a smile of my own.

I know I don't need a girl to make me happy. For that I have Pepsi, music, Jesus, my nephew, shopping, self-reflection ... all of those things that make Eric, Eric. But you see, I want to be high on love. One of those highs that you don't come down from. And while I love myself, I can't make myself that high.

So maybe I don't want someone to MAKE me happy, you guys are right. But I do want someone who CAN make me happy.

Word to Metlife.

1 comment:

Afro Asian said...

im going be honest i didnt read most of this entry.... it's just tiring. one week you're enjoying the single life and wanting the "player image" and the next you want to become " i need love" guy. i think it's all a facade and who ever the lucky lady is... lol I DUNNO IF SHE'S LUCKY. j/k but who ever she is hopefully she takes her time and works through all of your insecurities and gets to truly know who you are because sometimes it seems quite impossible because you don't even get yourself sometimes but i believe once you find a girl that understands you or who is willing to love you blindly and get to the point where she understands you ... everything else will fall in place for you ... the other things that you "would like" in a woman will become irrelevant i just think you're searching for an understanding.