I have an itch. I want to talk politics but I shall refrain. I get frustrated when I argue my point and the other person doesn't understand it and ACCEPT it. For a person who thinks he’s right 90% of the time, that’s bad.
We took these personality tests at work and I was a "Thinker". Some adjectives that would “describe” me apparently are unassuming, quiet, intellectual, cautious, persistent, picky, and that I become defensive when cornered. I actually picked those out and believed that they were true about me. I like to think I’m unassuming, since it gives me motivation. I’m quiet … SOMEtimes lol. I definitely consider myself an intellectual, and being too cautious sometimes is a fault of mine (to me). I can be persistent, but the picky one is the one that hits the nail right on the head. I can already hear Stacers in my head telling me I’m too picky.
So I'm a Thinker eh? Well, thinking too much sucks sometimes. You can definitely think yourself out of a wonderful situation. Example?
Hot asian/black/latina girl stands in line behind you (me) at the store. She looks at you (no, me) and smiles. You smirk back, all the while thinking what the hell that smile meant.
"Ooh, he's so cute."
"I wish he would give me his number."
"Lol @ his haircut."
"He looks funny. I should smile at him."
You're thinking and thinking and wondering what the hell that meant and the next thing you know you're in your car on the way home.
-cue Pharcyde's "Passing Me By"
Some situations are to be thought out and others to just be executed. When I played baseball everything was so fluid and natural. I would think out possible plays before they happened but when it came down to making a play, there was no thought process involved. I just did what I was trained and knew what to do. If I would have spent time thinking about what to do I most likely would have botched the play.
Thinking is poison! Just imagine ... if Eve never thought about listening to the snake we could be mingling and jingling naked while eating grapes.
On the offhand, thinking is a lost art. Some people go through life without thinking at all it seems and end up looking like idiots.
So where's the balance? How do I know when to think and when not to? I love to sometimes say the first thing that pops in my mind. Maybe I shouldn't. I think too much about whether to talk to random girl. Maybe I shouldn't. The thought of how to balance it out is confusing.
I think I need to lie down ... and think about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment