gps.

"I am the ballot in the box
The bullet in the gun ..."

Go Barack! Or not.

I'm still convinced that he's the antichrist. Someone prove me wrong. Really. And I'm still planning on selling my vote to a convict. And if you come to me asking if I'm serious about that ... smh. Why would I do that?! I don't plan on voting though. Inquiries about why and judging me because of so, can go straight out the window. I have the RIGHT to vote. My choice whether or not I should exercise it. Save me stories about how my people died for me to have this right. I know. It sucks. I'm just ... more of a local participant than on the federal level.

That really wasn't the point of my blog though. I've been thinking a lot about confidence ... and cockiness. As well as my impression on people.

I asked a friend who was smarter, this girl that's interested in me, or me ... and she said the girl. Needless to say, I was really offended. I mean, I know there are people smarter than me (Stacey), but the way she said it implied that I was dumb. Then I went through normal procedure, the asking of ACT scores and such, and deduced that in fact, I was smarter.

Thinking of such brought up two very interesting questions though; why was I so sure I was smarter, and why weren't they?

For as long as I've known, I've had to be number one. And if not number one, in the top 5. I could attribute this to a number of reasons, none of which I know off the top of my head. I just know that I have to be in competition. Its as if life itself is Mount Everest, and I'm dying to be the first to ever base camp or w/e. Recently I've gotten better and learned to quiet down the need to be the best. I've learned the power of being the underdog.

When it comes to intelligence though? Well, that's where I have to be in the top percentile. I've always been one of the smartest kids in every grade I was in. Not always the one who applied himself, but definitely the smartest. From having the 7th best ACT score of my class, while not doing so hot gpa-wise lol, to just having application skills, nothing has really brought me down. So to this day I have the need to feel like I'm the smartest person in the room.

Thing is, the other people in the room don't always feel so. When you think of how an intelligent person carries themself, the way I act doesn't always come to mind. I'm goofy. Weird. Whatever. Sure, I can solve tasks quickly and am always with a book in hand, but other than that, I feel as if I give off an "average" vibe now. Except when I write! But nevertheless, that troubles me. Maybe it isn't a big deal ... but things like that bother me. Maybe because they should, or maybe because they chip away at my confidence.

Either way, I'm smarter than YOU. I think. lol.

Nah, I can admit when I'm not. Just don't underestimate me. I hate that.

I really want to go write some serious, quotable shit. Lines that you'd be like, "OHHHHHHH! I gotta put that as my y!/facebook/myspace status!" I wonder how Lil' Wayne feels about every negro quoting him on facebook ... or how Jay-Z feels about my incessant need to do so lol.

Before I go ... I did a review of Nas' "Untitled" on WNL. Go check it out. Comment.
and ... if you have the song on my page .. well, you'd be ahead of the game like me, wouldn't you?
and doesn't Travis McCoy have one of the illest living rooms?

5 comments:

Lizzy said...

Travie is the coolest, I swear.

You are smart cookie.
And a smart ass too ;]

I actually saw your post on WNL first then I figured I'd come check your blog too.

- BEEBZ - said...

travis is that dude - cant wait for GCH new album ^_^

lol you talk like a smart person and have the highest ACT in your class . jesus smh lets not tlk bout education you and i lmao..

im not voting for obama - i can agree i think hes the antichrist :| but i was rooting for hilary but she out the game so idk if i wanna vote mcaine cuz he might fuck up like bushe OR not vote - but i dont want obama :/

anyways da new usher song is the business - yes yes ^_^

stacey. said...

Hehehehehe.

Adina Renée. said...

i want that supreme sign, yo.

the dumb flyest. said...

it's a deck.
im sure you could make your own. :]