I worry, I weigh three times my body
I worry, I throw my fear around
But this morning, there's a calm I can't explain
The rock candy's melted, only diamonds now remain
Exactly.
I didn't do much of anything today. Didn't feel like I was supposed to. I spent the first hour and a half of my day cleaning out the garage, and the rest divided between playing FIFA & watching tv.
And thinking. I took a 30 minute shower in the dark. While in there I just reflected. Yeah, I played John Mayer in the shower. A lot of you insecure guys would have a "no homo" attached right after that. But ehh ... he's good to listen to when you want to just chill.
"Something Missing" really hit me in my head a couple of times. Something is missing in my life, and I don't know what it is. It isn't necessarily a girl. I mean, those come and go, no matter how infrequently lol. Not sure what it is, and I'm not even sure if it matters right now. I just know that when it enters my life, somehow, everything will feel better.
friends? check.
money? uhhh ...
well slept? check.
opposite sex? -unmarked
guitar? soon!
microphone? soon also!
That's weird though. I've been thinking about picking up the guitar again. I played on/off for about 2 years. Never was fully serious. But it's so rehabilitating. I think when I get paid I'm going to go buy one.
I should probably stop thinking of things I want, and then just going to buy them ... but fuck it. It's my life and I'll be a money-spender if I want.
I do need to save more though. Life is about saving. Like me saving up courage to give that girl my number ... and having her never call me. Or me saving up for an external hard drive ... and my computer crashing two days before I was planning to buy it. Or me saving my soul. Which I fervently wish I was more fervent about. But wishing is no good in life. Life requires action, and according to me and a whole bunch of other people, that's the most important action in life.
So it hits me.
I know what's missing in my life ...
JESUS.
john mayer - new deep.mp3
4 comments:
yes i must agree, john mayer is dope. but i must admit it's been a while since he's been my rotation.
-waves to rebecca
:]
LOL, remember that one time when we sat there making a list of things we want but would never get?
John Mayer is awesome.
He's on my sleep playlist.
Missing Jesus in your life? Oh boy, that sounds like something Carmine would say to me "You know Liz, you need some Jesus in your life."
-rubs chin
jm is the shittttt u already know how i feel about himmmmmmmmm. and yeah its father's day i hope everything goes well with the pops!!! i you've decided to speak or see him.
hmmm.
your blog is hitting home today, eric.
thanks for that.
[ goes to do some contemplating ]
Post a Comment