"I see the light from my phone and my LED clock
The hum of my fan and a faint tick tock
The drum in my head feels like it won't stop
Just counts each second like my Casio watch"
I kind of like that. Especially considering the fact that I wrote it. I'm planning on writing more to it. Then maybe I can create a background for it. Original songs are what we're aiming for here.
So anyway, I remembered what I said about finding a verse from a song, and then elaborating on how it could relate to me. I do this because simply, I don't always have something to talk about. Every song I had on shuffle was a love song, but frankly, I'm tired of writing about love. I'm nowhere near in love with no-one so lets bypass that.
Blu - My World Is ...
"A product of a God fearing pastor
who was quick to whip my ass
but his whoopins
Wasn't hot enough
So I flo conscious but still rep the coochie monsters
And still crush the competition no kid is hotter than (BLUUU) you momma's kitchen beg your pardon darling listen
I'm a nigga on a mission and these bitches ain't stopping"
First off, Blu is an extremely dope and underrated emcee. In my eyes, he's top-5 in terms of lyrical content. Similar to an Andree 3-thou, but closer to earth.
I love this verse for multiple reasons.
He speaks of being a "conscious" rapper, yet still relating to what most males feel. Not one of those holier than thou rappers. Also because I had ass whoopin's when I was younger and it seem as if I still came out a little worse than what I was intended for. I learned my lessons! ... but still have the mentality of a "coochie monster"? Lol.
"If I wrote I'm sticking with every cent of it cause if it goes down I'm a
Be sinking with my penmanship
just like a captain and you can only imagine
How much passion that I put in this
but some magazines try to rate me on
How good it is please fu*k a critic nigga
this is my life if you ain't put in it don't think
I need ya two cents now while you been pushin it cause opinions are assholes
They full of sh%t and everybody's got one
if not they tryna cop one"
That ... is the art of making music. You make music because you love it, you love hearing the end result and how people feel when they listen. Some artists, not all, but some, make music just to make it. To get a quick dollar or for the fame. I love how Blu explains how he does this because it's his passion, and no matter what, he's going to stick to it. Whether or not he gets 5 stars or not, he'll keep on.
Nice song, I love it.
Uhm ... I need to make a to-do list. I have to find a way out of the date I have Saturday, and I'm going to meet a girl that I met today, tomorrow at the mall. Funny because, she's cute ... but if she isn't smart, whatever. I hate cute dumb girls and she seemed like one. As for "her" ... well, not talking for a couple days does something to me. I start to forget ...
3 comments:
i WISH i had the art of making music but i just got the art of knowing real music. lol yeah dumb cute folks aint the business lol NOT AT ALL . im the type of person even tho im not a einstein i still know my shit lol .
good blog tho
Blu is pretty amazing.
-gives you some sticky notes
Make your to-do list Eric!
i'm feeling the set up & the old game.
that was his best shit.
Post a Comment