from here.

Was playing guitar last night and it was so fun. Then, I start playing Jack Johnson on the busride home so I'm really wanting a guitar right now. Thinking of probably taking a class next semester. My plan is to learn more of the guitar, and get better at piano and drums. Then, I can start making music a la Ben Harper. Well not exactly a la Ben Harper but maybe I'll get famous enough to coerce a collaboration with him.

"Hike up your shirt a little more
And show your world to me ...
You wear nothing but you
Wear it so well
Tied up and twisted
The way I'd like to be
For you, for me, come crash
Into me"

While talking to a friend yesterday evening I think I fully realized how important it is to me to be celibate until I'm married. I came to the realization that my decision isn't for me, but for two other people. It feels so foolish to be 20 years old and living in the world we live in today and know without a doubt that you want only one partner your whole life. I often wonder if that person will be someone who too, has saved themselves for me. Just the thought of exploring love and bodies with that person excites me. It feels like a bond that I know will mean so much more to me on my wedding day. Really is an indescribeable feeling.

"Spring sweet rhythm dance in my head
Slip into my lovers hands
Kiss me wont you kiss me now
And sleep I would inside your mouth
Dont be us too shy
Knowing its no big surprise
That I will wait for you
I will wait for no one but you"

When I used to see pretty girls, I admit, it would be in such a bad light. I would think of her doing this to me, and undress her with my eyes. It was crazy, the thoughts I would have. Certainly not anything I would be telling them that I was having. Now, the perspective is much different. They've become less of a sexual object and more of an enigma. I'll see one and wonder what her personality is. If it clashes with mine, if she could be my best friend, my future lover, my dreamgirl ... I notice different aspects of her such as the clothes she wears as opposed to just imagining them lying around the corner of my bed as she lays there naked. Crazy how my mind was programmed to see women how I wished they'd be instead of for who I wonder they are.

Wonder what has gotten into me ...

I don't know lol, but I think instead of going to go find out I'd rather look at pictures of her:


8 comments:

asexual girlbot said...

enigma is such a pretty word.

asexual girlbot said...

oh and ben harper and the innocent criminals are dope. looks like you have very good music taste.

the dumb flyest. said...

your profile pic is so niiiiiice! i love it.
and their last cd was in one word, amazing.

Lizzy said...

smh @ cassie wrinkly dress.

she couldn't afford some wrinkle-free sprays for like 5 bucks?


i think you sang a few jack johnson songs for me back in the day.

:)

- BEEBZ - said...

lmao at lizzy comment on cassie . oh lord .

anyways thats good that you dont look at females "like that" anymore because usually thats how most dudes are. just wanna do 1 thing. and dudes wonder why females go gay . sheesh

its better to get to know somebody before just wantin to do the unsaid! its the way to go. its better.more mature and more safe!

and thats wsup with the guitar class - its good to do hobbies like that . keeps you busy and also gets you doing stuff you can learn for the future.

good blog.

naia mcdorkenschnitzel said...

that's CASSIE?! i swore up and down that was Kat Deluna with a dye job. wow.

anyoldways, YAY for guitar. and for self-cleansing. and self-realization. all very good things when done properly.

Anonymous said...

that's how all men should look at women so kudos eric. but don't hold out for a virgin though cause you might pass up the one in all of that. mistakes are made young, just be acceptant and look past as long as they aren't looseeeeeeee.

she'll find you though.

Anonymous said...

oh yeah. you know where to come for guitar/piano lessons