I never kiss the ass of the masses
I'm the black molasses
Thick and I lasted
Past these rap bastards
Today started off sunny ... and now it has decided to drizzle. Just a light drizzle, nothing too heavy or anything. I wouldn't mind otherwise since I love the rain. Rain reminds me of life, refreshed. The washing away of the old, and cultivating of the new. I'm not one of those people who always says how they're new or whatnot.I'm the black molasses
Thick and I lasted
Past these rap bastards
I don't try to reinvent myself in anyway. I just wake up and try to do everything that I did yesterday, just a little bit better. I think what I AM trying to find is a medium to express myself in. I know, I know ... I "make" music, but I want something else. For those times I feel unsure about THAT. I feel that what I am genuinely needing in my life is sense of accomplishment. Everyone likes the feeling of finishing something or being awarded for something.
" i do this for myself, if you don't like me, fuck it ... "
Lets not care about what other people think Eric. I try! Not to ... but I am a people pleaser. And I am very self-conscious. So I'm trying to find a way to incorporate all of these aspects of 'me' into 'me'. Sounds like I'm reinventing myself, doesn't it? Well fuck it, maybe I'm a walking contradiction.
In other news, I did another feature on whoresneverlearn.com about a rapper named K'Naan so you all should go check it out. I implore you. Really, it'd be pretty dope if you all commented on it just so I can know whether or not I'm doing this 'right' or if there's anything anyone else would like to see. OH ... I don't like Nas anymore either. Why? He dissed Kobe. TWICE. For no reason. Yeah, my loyalty to Kobe even goes to hip hop. Jay-Z > Kobe though. lol.
Be sure to check out that feature though, and listen to that song by K'Naan ... I keep playing it over and over again and I LOVE it. Dude is definitely a very dope artist.
And when are my St. Louis Cardinals going to get recognition for having the 5th best record in the league, despite not having this guy play for the last couple of weeks:
2 comments:
Mm,shit.
Nigga on the St. Louis Cardinals don't look too bad his daaamn self.
Can I get a haaaaaayel yes.
yeah rain is the best. i mean maybe twice a week not EVERYDAY. its been rainin everyday in florida and its gunna fck up my islands of adventure trip . hmph! but i feel u on washin out the old refreshin w/the new . never thought of rain LIKE THAT - but now ima look at it that way lol.
yeah i feel you on the people pleasin bizz - i am and sometimes im just like whatever i dont give a fuck! lol
checked on that K'naan dude and his music sorta makes me smile for some reason - its mad different type music. definetly ipod material on a good day lol
lol at u dislikin NAS since he dissed kobe lol what if it was some1 like kanye or jay-z to diss on em heavy lol wutchu gunna do? haha
nice blog. 2s
Post a Comment