There will come a time when this is found and everything I have done will be discovered. I don’t fear that day because I sense that I will be long gone. Maybe on an island somewhere, drinking something specially made by the bartender. Chances are I may end up in a room shared by others, my schedule predetermined for me. Whatever it is, I’ll cling to the fact that my name shall carry on long after I have departed. That is what I work for.The first time was the easiest. It was pure adrenaline, with little to no planning. I acted off of impulse. See girl. Follow girl. The struggle only intensified the rage building inside of me; the rage I felt had to be dealt back to those who oppressed me. That’s always how these stories go right? Nerd gets picked on and retaliates. Newspapers lament the popular ones and dismiss the scourge as insane.No, insane is not the word to describe me. Vengeful maybe, but I am in complete control of my mind. A little more than others perhaps. My mind is not filled with the fatuous, nonsensical things of ordinary people. I don’t consume myself with thoughts of love, or silly hopeful dreams. I focus on the tangible. Only on things that I can see, what can grace my fingertips.Nothing has felt better than cold skin.I guess in writing this I’m giving you all a glimpse into my world. Society has always been fascinated by those that they deem sociopaths. Deep down they admire them, for they could never act on their emotions with the veracity of those that terrorize. Dailies plaster them on the front page with their name in bold font, faces on the tv until they become household names. Then in ten, twenty years teenagers and young people idolize them while never knowing why. It’s just cool.Consider this entry one. - David Foster.
I almost forgot to post this. This was quick-write. I was looking online for writing prompts, and one of them was about a villain. This is what I wrote in about 20 minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment