I have a strong feeling a few of my friends are mad/upset at me because I didn't attend a birthday celebration at a club Saturday night. If it would've been anywhere BUT at a club I would've went, but it wasn't so I stayed home. I felt slightly bad, yet not really at all.
This is another instance in which my friends and I are so far apart that their likes and my likes don't even make sense. They love the club. Love it. I, on the other hand, can't stand it. It just isn't for me. When I go I find myself having fun for a few minutes and then the rest of the time is spent trying to keep up with everyone else. The only feeling I get is just the feeling of being there. Not there, but there. To be quite honest I'm tired of placing myself in situations I don't feel comfortable in just to appease others. I don't care anymore if it makes me look selfish or like a bad friend because I've rarely felt as if any of my friends have done things that they didn't want to just to be a good friend to me. This can be tied into not even being able to go to the Dom Kennedy concert because my friend didn't have a new outfit.
Just sometimes I'd like to not feel as if the people around me were 'take take take', just taking from me because they know I'd be there.
No comments:
Post a Comment