I find myself looking at a particular person from my past and wondering what it is that I saw in them, and why it isn't there anymore. Maybe I removed myself from them and am not being exposed to it anymore, but I don't think that's the case. I think I took them for a better person than they really are. Or I misjudged. Or that that better person that I saw, just isn't the one on display most of the time.

I don't concern myself with it much, only fleetingly. There's another person from my past that's now in my present and that has me almost content. And instead of fleeting moments of my judgement, they bring fleeting moments of happiness.

I don't try to understand people anymore, or why they think/do what they do. I think most people are horrible creatures. I gather this from things I see on fb and Tumblr. Not the news, but what I see directly from my peers. I guess what passes for sarcasm and jokes these days goes over my head. I'm probably just getting old. I'm tired of judging stuff though. Who the hell am I to judge anything, I'm probably only halfway decent. I just keep seeing depressing moments of life, but the good thing is some people make me feel as if my future can have more than its share of happy moments. And that honestly keeps me going. (how cheesy)

4 comments:

Ahlexandria said...

People's blog or TUMBLR's I should say speak volumes about them. When a person (in my opinion) an freely express themselves & not do it because of likes or reblogs, they show a side of them not many people have, INDIVIDUALITY!

I respect you Eric & always have because you have always shown me that you are an individual, unique & always find a way to prosper, especially mentally. You have given me plenty of insight on what a true writer, an intellectual human being thinks.

For that I thank you!

alexis belon said...

John Lennon said everybody has a Hitler in them and a Jesus in them. It's a quote I always refer to when I try to analyze whether I'm a bad person or a good person. As much compassion as I have for the world, I can also be very callous at times. I just think people are much more complicated than good and bad....or horrible creatures.

You should take a few Briggs Myers personality tests to help you better analyze yourself. I can tell your blogs are more self reflection than anything.

the dumb flyest. said...

Alex, thanks! Ugh, you're amazing. And I say this because you seem to always think positively, or try to ... which to me is one of the best qualities in a person. Not even just saying this either, but yeah.

And that quote is pretty spot on Alexis, that makes a lot of sense. Like we're the culmination of our good and bad sides, and I guess it's bad trying to put someone in the "horrible person" box. Maybe I'll try to see it from the standpoint of, whichever side someone lets prevail, their good or bad, that's how I'll look at them. But at the same time keeping in mind we all have another side to us.

Ahlexandria said...

I'm not as amazing as you are. Hello! Look at your blog name "AMAZING". & I do try my best to think positive & at least keep those around me positive. You just need to keep your head, you're such a level headed person & you do what you can to see all sides of things. Now that to me is a beautiful quality.