I think I may have torn a ligament in my thumb attempting to open up a bottle of soda, wtf. Lol, seriously though ...
Let's talk about this girl I have a thing for in my Mass Comm class. I mentioned her on my Tumblr, but it was vague because ... idk, it's Tumblr.
So basically she usually sits behind me, to the side of me, idk, on the same side of the room as me. Light-skinned, long hair (may be a weave, but who cares?), super nice lips, just overall attractive. Still, there's another attractive girl in class so I wasn't too focused on this girl but a couple of classes ago we were discussing something and she spoke on the topic and sounded so concise and educated. The other attractive girl? Not attractive anymore because she says NOTHING and contributes nothing to class discussions. I honestly don't think she's too bright, but who am I to judge?
Anyway, this girl always has something beneficial to add to the arguments we discuss in class which, to be honest, kind of turned me on. I caught myself stealing glances at her which kind of freaked me out because that's kind of creepy isn't it? Looking at someone multiple times in one minute, no good. So during the course of the class she and I didn't really talk, but exchanged a few quips here and there, nothing major. That's it. I'm just intrigued by her, by knowing that there's someone cute, smart & 'cool' out there. I don't know why though, but I'm just sure that she has a boyfriend or wouldn't be interested in me. That's usually how this goes.
In news that isn't female-related, I received a 90something on my Philosophy test which surprisingly has made me want to study even harder. That seems backwards to me, but I'm anxious to keep that up. My teacher even requested to see me and was like, "I may have to give you harder work, this is too easy for you." Nah, nah ... I'm good lol. I do like reading about these theories however. I just wish I understood them easier. The language that they talk in makes me have to process it at least three or four times to fully understand it. For instance, Descartes is confusing the hell out of me, but after reading his second Meditation for the third time, it just clicked in my head. I was literally daydreaming in class and I go, "Oh! So Descartes believes the mind can exist without the body. Or rather, or maybe more true ... that the mind is not the body, but separate." Bam. Now I just have to read it AGAIN to make sure I've retained it all and can recall it on the test easily.
Cogito, ergo sum. Fa'sho Descartes, fa'sho.
1 comment:
thank god i added you to my google reader so i can keep up with your entries.
Post a Comment