This girl that I've liked for a year+ recently broke up with her boyfriend. I haven't said a word to her since finding out. I actually don't want to for fear of being one of those guys who hits you up like, "SO YOU'RE SINGLE?!" Kind of reminds me of this episode of How I Met Your Mother though.
I saw something at Barnes & Noble yesterday that reminded me of Nikita so I texted her a picture of it. Then I proceeded to immediately regret it. I just really feel like I shouldn't text her. Almost how I feel like I shouldn't text Courtney. Because 1) It gives off an impression like, "you're on my mind," when it's more of, I walked past this and you popped in my head. 2) When they don't reply it just makes me feel like it was a bad decision even more. So fuck it, nobody gets a text from Eric anymore.
In all seriousness though, that is the one thing that pisses me off the most in the entire, fucking, world, of, technology. If I have the presence of mind to text you and somehow it behooves you to ignore said text, then excuse me. Sorry I'm not good enough to text you and warrant a reply. Next time I'll keep my 100-odd characters to myself, while simultaneously deleting you from my contacts.
Back to the girl breaking up with her bf. Or vice versa, I don't know the details. I don't even remember HOW to break up, or what makes people break up. I'm trying to imagine why they broke up, or what could've went down and I don't know. Do people fight, and then just look at each other and go, "Is this it?" Do they send a text or a phone call before they get down with someone else? How do you break upppp lol?
I don't really know because I haven't been in a relationship in a long time. I just tend to stop talking to whoever it is, just stop contacting them. I think I can vividly remember when I stopped talking to Katherine. It was a phone call, and we were arguing over her loving me or me not loving her, something like that. And then the end of the call was just calm, and somehow that was that.
It always throws me off how couples fight and argue. I guess I just imagine if people are together, they should be able to work things out and be together. It's a hard concept to explain. Just, if we were so cool to get together, why can't we just be that cool all the time? Why does one person have to start messing up? Stop messing up! Just be cool damnit.
Anyway, I think I'm going to start reading my new book for the remainder of my shift here at work. I got two books today, and the one I'm going to start reading first is Stephen King, "Under The Dome". I hope it's good. The cover says, "Seven words: the best yet from the best ever." - Lee Child. Well, if that doesn't make you want to read it then idk lol.
1 comment:
Quit complaining. :)
No, but I think it's interesting how couples interact. I think we've gotten so used to not talking face to face that breaking up is an awkward thing.
What's more awkward though? Taking "breaks" rather than breaking up. Then the question becomes when is it okay to talk again? Someone was talking about that and I remember having that conversation with someone.
That's my two cents.
Oh. And move to Florida.
The end.
Post a Comment