My coworker caught his wife in bed with his brother on Monday. I was super mad because he was late to work, and then on Tuesday he told me why. I responded, "you're better than me. I probably wouldn't have even come to work." That's just crazy. Not only does your wife cheat on you, but it's with your brother. Someone who you should be able to trust. Idk.
And then, my bruh (really close friend) put a status on facebook like, "I had to admit when I was wrong. Blah blah blah, something, I've done something bad". Then the first comment is from his girlfriend and says "Yeah, like sleeping with Mauria". Whoa! The fact that she put their business all out there is crazy to me, but I'm also disappointed in my bruh.
Everyone is cheating, everyone is cheating, everyone is cheat -- it's astounding! I don't even judge people who cheat anymore seeing as how several of my friends have done it, but I can't condone it. Especially when for the most part, my friends have been devastated when their significant other found out. I've watched my brothers cry over their girl finding out they cheated on them ... yet, somehow, it isn't always enough to kick in that they should just stop.
Idk, I really don't know. Cheating on someone is complex I guess, and I just hope that I'll have the strength to resist cheating on whoever I'm with in the future, and the same with them. That'd hurt me a lot.
So I'm at work right now listening to LCD Soundsystem (and so are you, if you haven't muted the music on the blog), and in the book I'm reading Stephen King mentions them. Let me also say, several times during the first four chapters I thought out loud, "Stephen King is such a good writer!" It's weird, writing isn't like music where you can hear something and go, "Oooh, this artist is good." You would think that you'd have to read an entire book to be able to sit back and comment on how good the writer is, but idk, Stephen King is a master. He's just amazing, and this book is really interesting so far. I haven't gotten the chance to read as much of it as I would like because I've been tired, but I hope to knock back a few hundred pages tonight. This is a huge book too, 1,000+ pages. I have to make a dent in it!
Something else that's crazy is how I'm always thinking about situations that I'm in or whatnot. I can't even explain this section because it only makes sense in my head. I just perceive small things and get excited when I figure them out. It's sort of like an, "Ohhhhhh, I knew it!" moment. My mind is always trying to keep me one step ahead, I swear. I guess one way I can explain it is how sneaky people are with their facebook statuses, or comments they might make in a conversation. I'll latch on to those comments, or look beyond the surface of those statuses, and just figure out what people are really trying to say, even if they don't know what they're trying to say. Just not someone threw up some random abbreviations, and by looking at the words and thinking about it, I think I realized what the abbreviation stands for. And if what I'm thinking is right ... I just saved myself from making a fool out of myself.
I hate making a fool out of myself when it comes to certain things. And before I will make a fool out of myself, I'll try to eliminate whatever it is that has the potential to do that. Like most humans, I hate being vulnerable, or to be seen as such. I don't like to look like I'm desperate, I don't like to look like I'm weak, and I definitely don't like to look like I'm not in control of any particular situation. End story.
Tax-free weekend is this weekend in Missouri, so I kind of have an excuse to go shopping. Illinois gets like, 10 days of tax-free time, and we only get a weekend. Sucks. Regardless though, I'll be going out and going shopping. I have this image in mind of where I want to take my style, so hopefully I can accommodate that. Lots of ties, lots of nice pants and vests and nice shirts.
Oh, but shoes ... shoes. There are only two shoes I want (well, three, but no more Jordans for me until December).

These two particular shoes aren't even out in stores yet I believe, but those, along with the Jordan Cool Grey 11's are the only other pairs of shoes I want this year. But uhm, this blog became longer than I thought it would, so I'm going to stop here and start reading my book. I'm anxious to get home and look at Kanye's "Power" video. My connection here is too slow for me to even deal with it. Oh, and I have a story coming up, I just have to be diligent with it. Whatever, lol.
*edit
Saw the video, loved it. Can't even call it a video. Kanye was right, that was a painting, not a typical music video.


No comments:
Post a Comment