Every night at work I listen to John Legend, and try to fall asleep without falling asleep. I mean, I can't technically go to sleep but I like to rest my eyes and head so John helps with that. Get Lifted and Once Again are, to me, classics. Not Evolver though, I rarely play that lol.

Get Lifted really makes me want to be in love. Just the process of the whole album. It kind of goes from a tumultuous relationship to something so pure. Used To Love You --> She Don't Have To Know (songs about not being in love, or cheating), to I Can Change ---> Ordinary People (songs about wanting to be better, and having typical relationship problems that can be overcome), to So High (which is a song I want to play at my wedding. It's so beautiful to me).

Maybe later we, can go up to the moon
Or sail, among the stars, before the night is through
And when morning comes, we'll see the sun is not so far
And we can't get much closer, to God, than where we are

That song just makes me want to be in love, I don't know any other way to explain it. Then the next song, Refuge (When It's Cold Outside) ...

When it's cold outside
There's no need to worry, 'cause, I'm so warm inside
You give me peace, when the storm's outside
'Cause we're in love I know it'll be alright
Alright, it's alright ...

So this sounds foolish right, what I'm about to say next. You've been warned. So yeah, amidst all of this talk of the world ending in 2012, I could really care less if it actually was. I mean, I do care if it is, that'd be crazy, but I don't think it will. What kind of scares me though is the fact that I maaaaybe won't have experienced love like that by then. I don't want to die without that feeling. Not quite sure how that sounds not in my head, but yeah ...

1 comment:

kyeshiaaa said...

That's sort of how I feel about "the world ending". I'm not so scared for it, because if it's meant to happen, it will. I just don't want to miss out on all the love that's waiting for me. Plus, I still haven't used my V-card, so that'd be tragic to die a virgin lol.

Dag.