Okay, so I haven’t had a girlfriend in about 2 years, and I’m wondering, “what the fuck is wrong with you Eric?” And I ask myself this question all of the time, because most of the time I’m reminded by people how messed up I am.
I want a girl when I want a girl … and when I don’t want a girl I want a girl who understands that. I was most definitely living by Phonte’s words for awhile … but soon enough you get to missing having that person.
I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want someone I could share a private joke with. To sleep in with, to go out to eat and splurge on. To talk about fashion with, and argue with because I think Kanye West is a genius. Someone who would cut my sandwiches in squares and admit that I’m weird, but it’s a reason why she likes me.
You know?
So yeah, they say don’t look for love, it’ll find you … but that’s hard to tell someone who is tired of waiting.
------
I wrote that a long time ago, and found it while browsing through my tumblr archives. Some okay stuff in there.

Sunday is Mother's Day right? I've yet to think of what to do or get. If you all have any ideas, LET ME KNOW. Please. I almost make it a point to do special things for my mother. She's pretty much everything to me. I'd be so lost without her (which is weird admitting). God. I hope my wife is half the woman she is.

I really do too. I'd pick my mother over anyone in the whole wide world. My wife is probably going to think I'm a mama's boy, but I don't even really care. Super strong, beautiful African-American woman. Man. I love that woman to death. I'd run someone over for talking about my momma.

Moving on though.

I want more pictures on this blog. Pictures of everyday things that I do, or see and whatnot. Every time I see people with pictures on their blog I get jealous as if I can't just snap a damn photo and throw it on here. I just don't really have an eye for pictures anymore though. I'll keep it in the back of my mind though. "Take more pictures." ... of naked women. Or not.

And find more good music. That too.

Oh, and because I feel so good about myself, I think I'm going to treat myself to another hat this weekend. A St. Louis one.

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

First off, lo siento for not calling your butt @ midnight to wish you a happy birthday. It's bit a hectic on my neck of the wood. So happy be-lated bday Eric!

I don't think there's anything wrong with you just because you're not dating someone. In fact, it's better than most people that are just jumping from 1 relationship onto the next.

The best gift you can give your mama is your time. Spend the day with her. Watch her fave movie with her. Make her breakfast. Oh, get her flowers! What woman doesn't love receiving flowers? (especially fr. their son!)

the dumb flyest. said...

Aw, it's okay! Thanks. :D

And those are good ideas, flowers are a must!

Anonymous said...

Get your mom a gift certificate to a day spa. (One that's NOT in a shopping center. Ugh.) Something intimate, do your research on yelp.com. Reviews are so important.

Buy a basket and fill it with goodies: her favorite candy, bath and body works stuff, candles, a really good book, cozy socks...whatever she loves.