
Once someone told me that I was destined for great things and I couldn't help but believe them. I set my life onto a course that I thought would help me fulfill my "destiny", but as we know, one cannot plan their lives. Supposedly the gods laugh at us when we do so.
I never lost that feeling that I could do wonderful, meaningful things, yet it became buried deep in me, under the eternal excesses of my mind. I should live forever according to my mind, but I will die by the sword also. If in fact both of these things are supposed to happen, when do I accomplish these spectacular things?
Do I truly believe that I'm nothing more than everyone else, a regular citizen? Or do I believe that I'm part of an upper echelon of humans?
Being mediocre doesn't interest me in any way, form, or fashion, and it shows in my life. I love being part of something exclusive. The feeling that you're part of something everyone else wants to know more about or attain, but can't. That thrills me and drives me ... but I wonder if sometime my drive falls short. Call it a lack of confidence, maybe it is ... or maybe it's reality setting in showing me my limitations.
I never lost that feeling that I could do wonderful, meaningful things, yet it became buried deep in me, under the eternal excesses of my mind. I should live forever according to my mind, but I will die by the sword also. If in fact both of these things are supposed to happen, when do I accomplish these spectacular things?
Do I truly believe that I'm nothing more than everyone else, a regular citizen? Or do I believe that I'm part of an upper echelon of humans?
Being mediocre doesn't interest me in any way, form, or fashion, and it shows in my life. I love being part of something exclusive. The feeling that you're part of something everyone else wants to know more about or attain, but can't. That thrills me and drives me ... but I wonder if sometime my drive falls short. Call it a lack of confidence, maybe it is ... or maybe it's reality setting in showing me my limitations.
1 comment:
I feel you, I SO don't do mediocrity. I think you believe you're a part of the upper echelon, probably because it's the truth! If you think your drive falls short then just gas yourself up a bit, usually does the trick ;)
Post a Comment