Break.


Choices, choices, choices …

When it comes to life, is there really free will? Do we really have as much control over our lives as we think we do, or do we live in this misconstrued sense of reality? Well, I for one have no idea, and since it is 2:27 a.m., I don’t really want to think too much about it.

I would rather talk about choices. As in, our choices for the people we choose to be with.

Every day when I arrive at school, I go either straight to the bookstore to buy something to eat, or to a vending machine. My ritual is always the same: Stand in front of the machine. Block about two or three people behind me as I survey my choices. Deposit my money, even though I’m not sure what I want. This just guarantees to quiet the people behind me. I stare at the snacks, they stare back at me, and we exchange a mutual agreement … I think to myself, “Oh, today I’m going to try something different …”

Then I wind up getting the same thing I get every day.

Usually it isn’t even something that I wanted. It’s just the fact that it’s there, I’ve had it before, and I have to make a decision. Thus, you have it, my stance on women, summed up by a metal box holding up 35 or so snacks.

I tend to compare women to many things in my blog, the most memorable being boxes. Never have I thought to move them into the arena of food. Food is good, great. Food can also poison you. I guess women are more like food than I thought … [rim shot].

No, to me, women are like snacks in a vending machine. I think about them all day, salivate over them, and analyze them. Then, when it comes time to pick one I freeze. I wonder, “Do I really want this?” “Did I already have this?” “Is this going to satisfy me in the long run?”

My mind is never made up!

And I’m limited!

Seriously, have you ever noticed that exactly what you’re craving, is exactly what they don’t have in the vending machines? It’s almost a standard in life. So since everything in my blog must relate (Newton’s Law), the women that I’m craving, are not in my life. This is the only way to explain why I have not met, slept with, fell in love with, made fall in love with me because I impregnated her, and married Keri Hilson. The ONLY way.

Luckily for me though, I refuse to be limited in my choices. Though I do give in on certain occasions, if I do not see the snack that I want, I walk away. If I do not see the girl that I want in real life, I walk away. This may be the reason why I currently am gf-less and Valentine-less, but it is a noble policy in life. Do not settle. Although we are limited right now, what’s to say I don’t walk down another corridor and discover another vending machine, with different varieties?

So to that elusive grab bag of Munchies out there, a.k.a. the love of my life … I’m ready, with my 3 quarters that I’m saving just for you.

5 comments:

Stylistic Flowz said...

really, valentineless, I'm tellin!

Anonymous said...

Good post dude.

Lizzy said...

Keri Hilson?
LOL! Oh goodness.

CM said...

So say I have .85 cents for a 100 cal. Chip Ahoy's snack pack, but then I spot some Famous Amos cookies for .10 cents less than that lite snack. Cheap! But THEN I'm really in the mood for that 400 cal. filled Honey Bun at the bottom, but it is .25 cents more. Should I settle for the lite weights or go back to the car for that extra .25 cents?

the dumb flyest. said...

honey buns are light colored ... and i have a natural affinity towards light skinned girls so to the car i go ...

[no yung berg]