KPLR.

Before I write this, this is what I'm on:
So really, you can't tell me shit. But let me proceed ...

What in life is important to you? Is it money? Happiness? Security? And how do we evaluate what exactly is "important"? Surely what is important to guy #1 is not important to guy #2. We all have different views on everything in life, so ranking what truly matters is difficult ... although hopefully there are things we all agree on like having health care, human rights and so forth.

A lot of arguments start because we tend to downgrade what's important to our peers. If I'm stressing on a pair of kicks, don't tell me that they're not worth it ... because to me they obviously are. Importance ... like opinions ... vary.

I come home to absolutely ... nothing but all my shoes and shirts and jeans. And my Wii now. I don't have someone to text/call late at night. I mean, I do ... but not in that way. And I truly feel like I don't have capacity to love someone. So what's important to me is stressing that ... but it won't dominate my blogs anymore.

Point of the matter is, I do not deal well with emotional pain. I'm bitter. Women tend to be evil beings in beautiful bodies with disarming smiles ... so you can do the math.

-------------

Phone rings.

Eric: [in Australian accent] Hello?
Random person: Hello. Is Eric there?
Eric: Nah. Who is this?
RP: Joey. Ey, look ... my girl hasn't come home all night and the last number on the caller id is this one. Where is she?

Immediately I knew I had slipped up. You NEVER call the house phone. This was 'Guy on the Side 101'. I had no other choice but to nudge Erin awake as I told her fiance that I had spoke to her earlier the night before, and that she had car trouble.

"Yeah man, I wanted to go out and help her but I was in the studio all night. If she calls I'll let you know?"

As soon as I hung the phone up I pushed Erin out of the bed -- literally making her fall on the floor.

"What the fuck!"

I couldn't help but laugh at the picture. She was lying on the floor wrapped in a sheet, resembling a ... sexy pig-in-a-blanket. I know ... my mind is weird.

"Erin, look ... you weren't supposed to stay over, and now your dude is calling MY house. MY house. The house of the guy that he shouldn't even know about."

"Oh."

I guess the seriousness of the event hit her.

"Look, I'll give you a call later -- or on second thought, YOU give ME a call back later. Just go home before this guy files a missing person report. He sounded like a lil' lost kid in Wal-Mart".

I kissed her on the lips, a little more passionately than I think she even kissed her guy, and watched her gather
her things and walk out of the front door.

Damn. No wonder I can't fall in love ...

5 comments:

asexual girlbot said...

lol i enjoyed this! and this line right here:
Women tend to be evil beings in beautiful bodies with disarming smiles ... was priceless and beautiful!

Stylistic Flowz said...

Well, I hate you because now I have to start writing again.smh. This was good mad u a g and just pushed shorty out the bed.

Lizzy said...

LOL!

Still on that capri sun!

You should stay up more often & write more!

mars ™ said...

I was kind of disappointed that it ended so soon.
I was sitting here with my hand under my chin extremely intrigued and then I get to the comment link like "damn, where's the rest!?"




Thanks for the MeLo by the way.
It has been on heavy rotation.

Anonymous said...

Lmao oh man, nice writing.

I was hella wanting to turn the page for more!