Is in Zion ...

So I'm currently sitting here waiting for the UPS guy to come. Scared to use the bathroom ... go in the basement ... turn up my music. I'm on pins and needles, I swear! Good thing I showered when people were still here.

I probably need sleep too considering the fact that I didn't go to bed until ... 5? And woke up around 8:45? Thanks sis.

As winter season approaches (or is already here apparently thanks to the sort of snowfall) ... people begin looking for their winter boo's. Supposedly in winter you find that special person to keep you warm or some kind of cuddly stuff like that. You especially want to have someone on Christmas. Right?

I don't even know. The last time I truly had a gf during Christmas was ... when I was a senior. So the winter of 2005. It's been awhile. If I stare at the wall in a glazy kind of way, I can kind of get back that feeling. Kind of see her smile. Weird. Thank God for photographic memories though.

I'm just wondering if having someone special during the holidays really does enhance that holiday ... I mean, for Thanksgiving it doesn't matter because you're mostly worried about eating ... though I wouldn't mind having a girl that would rub my belly when I'm finished.

Christmas though? Pbbht!

This was MADE for lovers (after being made for Jesus Christ. Excuse me). Even more so than any other holiday, Valentine's Day included, since that is just one day. Christmastime is a season. Do you know what a season is?! A baseball season is 162 games. Basketball ... 82. Football season lasts approx. 6 months. Seasons are longgggg. And during that whole time someone is drinking nasty egg nog with their "other", cozying up to some Nat King Cole (epic!), while you're at home listening to Beyonce tell you that you should have put a ring on it. Sad times.

Okay, I'm sure that that isn't exactly how the scenario goes, but you catch my drift. Times like these really are better spent with people with whom you love. Not necessarily a bf/gf/husband/wife ... but those can make it worthwhile also.

And since I don't have one at the moment ... I think I'll go back to staring at the wall in a "glazy kind of way" ...

7 comments:

Stylistic Flowz said...

Boi, I'ma need you to find you a boo, or at least someone who you would enjoy spending time with. Lol, it cold, and like any normal I'm sure you would want someone to keep you entertained. Well, I hope you find a better solution than staring at a wall, hopefully a solution that can stare back

the dumb flyest. said...

I just drew eyes on my wall ... so now it can stare back. ;]

Anonymous said...

It's cuffin' season on the real.

Christmas time for the boo's.

Womp womp.

naia mcdorkenschnitzel said...

wintertime in general is lover season. bah. i heard some chicks in my dorm last year talkin' about how they need winter boyfriends before it snows. uhmmm...?

anyway, Nat King Cole is that on the sly pannies-droppin' music. puts you in the mood without you even knowing it. you think you'll just be cuddling by the fire (or the TV) and BAM. you don't even see it coming. it only works if it's just the two of you, though. it can't be yall and your grandmother asking why yu didn't wear that sweater she bought you or talking about how she met ol' Nat back in 19forty-forever-ago.

"lover" seasons can kiss my ass. focus on the love. (not that you aren't).

though i will admit, snowstorms and thunderstorms are some pretty awesome snuggle-buddy times.

Adina Renée. said...

sometimes i love winter time & sometimes i hate it.

Chmy said...

eriiiic!
you didn't know the winter time was cuffing season?
definitely.
it's the best time. =)
you get to be all cozy & what nots.

Mmmmm!

april nicole. said...

I see that you finally found that Beyonce song.