Okay, sooner or later I’m going to write a real blog … although I have a feeling I may get some backlash. This story seems to be better than anything I’ve ever written in my dear old blog. And no Arielle, this is not real. I wish. I guess right here I want to give a little background on the story or whatever. Basically I started this because I was bored and needed something to put in my blog … and now I’m at work thinking of avenues to take the story. I’m not even sure if I want to post it on here seeing as how anyone could take it and claim it as their own, but forget about all of that for right now. I plan on writing a little bit everynight, just seeing how far I can take this. I hope you all continue to like it. Keep commenting!
----------------------------
When she walked in she sort of stared at me glazily, as if she wanted to say something but just couldn’t get the words out. After about 3 minutes of this I had to break the ice, albeit in my own geeky way.
“So, what brings you here?”
Seriously. Those were the words that came out of my mouth. After reading this story over and over I came up with about thirteen more romantic things I could have done. Like Scenario 1.
As soon as Erin walks through my front door she rushes to my arms. Her chest pressed against mine she stares up at me and I look her in the eyes and tell her how much I love her and wished she was mine.
But no. What brings you here.
“Eric, he went berzerk,” she said, throwing her Hermes bag on my couch.
“Berzerk like how? Did he hit you?”
Just the thought of him putting his hands on her had me riled up enough to make a trip over there … until I remembered he was a starting lineman for The Ohio State University.
“No, he just went off about me going behind his back and saying I don’t love him, which I don’t know if I do anymore. I felt really bad. I think we have to stop talking Eric. I can’t do this anymore.”
There are times in life when you wish that the world would just stop and go back a couple of hours or days or months. This was one of those times. I was wishing at that moment that we could go back to laying in my bed this morning, playing with eachother’s faces. She had a cute way of tracing lines on my face that made me feel calmer than I had …
“ERIC!”
“Huh,” I muttered as I snapped back to reality.
“I mean, what do you think I should do? I don’t want to lose him, but at the same time I don’t want to lose you.”
“Well we could always take a trip to London and get away from it all …”
Recently I had signed to the same record label as Erin and had received a comfortable advance. Besides an all black Jetta, I hadn’t bought anything big – and I really wanted to splurge on Erin and show her how much I felt about her.
A blank stare let me know that that probably wouldn’t happen.
“Orrrrr … you could just go be with him. Leave me alone. Obviously this isn’t helping either one of us.”
I couldn’t believe the words I was saying! It was as if the people in my head were telling my brain what to say, but my mouth was moving and saying things that didn’t add up. It didn’t stop there either.
“I mean really, I was liking you a lot but obviously things between us wouldn’t work out. Who are we kidding? Amazing sex, great conversations, peacefulness? Who needs those in a relationship. Look, I have to go get some groceries so maybe you should just go back home before he gets worried again.”
The look on her face almost killed me. Any tears that had stopped were now effortlessly trickling down her honey brown face. There was no way I could look at her anymore. I was now angry at myself, at her fucking fiance, at her, at the damn doorman for letting her in … just angry at it all.
“I think you should go.”
This was the second time I was making her leave my apartment. Only difference was that this time may have been the last.
4 comments:
Damn! Lol, so what does Eric do now?
Smh, you got me hella into this.
I already see a movie for it rofl.
damn, that's some harsh ass shit, but i like it!
Buuuuutttt, it's not the last time because the story would be over if it were the last.
I'm feeling toyed with.
I keep pressing the scroll until it won't go down anymore and I'm like damn, that's the end.
i like this.... i also find it intriguing because it's from the guy's point of view, i'd like to see you write from the female's perspective... that would be dope keep writing.
Post a Comment