This week has been super busy so I haven't really had time to update. Funerals, apartments burning down and getting into the studio ... FINALLY. It felt so good to just step up to that mic and give the best verses that this mediocre rapper can deliver. ;]
Actually, I spit the verses from the song I recorded last night at work today and everyone seemed to like them. A lot. So hopefully I got better. I'm so excited about this song, it's ridiculous. My partner, Nicky Nick and I are finally working hard on things. It's just weird because he has his lil' freak nasty solo project "Sex Therapy: Strictly For The Ladies" and I have my convoluted solo project "Dumb Fly & Literate Vol. 1: Comeback From Nothing". Then we have the untitled collabo. So it's a lot of stuff to be going around. I'm trying to think of ideas for songs that are different and no-one has done before. I really want to come out of the box doing something crazy different, or at least trying to.
Obviously this post isn't going to be soul-searching tonight ...
I think I'm going to buy T-Pain's album. Well, I am. And Kanye's on the 24th. I'll just go get them at once even though I'm sure T-Pain's is out. I'm really in the groove of music right now. Like, at work in my head I'm sort of composing music and it's weird. I've never felt this way before. While I'm still on the topic of music I have my two ideas for tattoos. The first I came up with was my idea. It's just a musical staff with my name in between the ledger lines. The second is something like this:
She's kind of cute too.And speaking on girls, because apparently that's all I do ... well I became super disappointed today. This girl I was interested in talking to ... well I just realized how dirty she is on the low. And it makes you wonder how many good people are really out there. You have people who did dirt in the past and you want to trust them, and you wonder if you can ... Then you have people in the present that you see doing dirt and you distrust them. I honestly feel like I can be trusted 100%. But maybe everyone feels that way. Sometimes though you get discouraged in the human race, and just need someone to change your reality I guess.
When I watched Juno the dad said you something about the person you're going to be with forever or something like that ... how it's the person that you like no matter what they did/do, whether they're mean/nice ... Someone that you just accept for all their flaws.
I felt that was so profound.
Ooh, and the song on my page ... is perfect for late at night. I love it.
7 comments:
i likes your profile song. and hey do you want to be in my documentary? you always have mucho to say about the opposite sex! so why not help a sista out?
sure thing!
that girl is cute but her tat looks kind of stupid.
Yo bro this song is tyte....so I woke up and realized I fell asleep mid yahoo convo lol. But yea you can learn alot from Juno, its great
cool beans eric. i want to interview you. we can do it over ichat or skype or something. just let me know whenever you're free.
man,I can't breathe.
I love this song.
The 24th can't come any sooner. ):
Post a Comment