I was back at Mizzou (my old school) and they were selling tickets to watch a movie in this auditorium. They actually do this in real life, show movies, but I don’t think that they sell tickets. I’m pretty sure it’s free. Anyway, I didn’t have any money so I didn’t buy one. Some time goes by and the movie is about to start and they have all of these empty seats so they just let people in or w/e. For some reason I meet up with my ex-girlfriend Lindsey and we go inside and watch the movie together. I forgot what happens after that … but what’s weird is that I’m going up to Mizzou this weekend. HMM.
XXL has covers of the “Top 10 Freshman”.
Yet there’s no Drake … no Cool Kids … no U-N-I … I do mess with Wale, Curren$y, Kid Cudi, Blu, B.O.B., and some Charles Hamilton & Mickey Factz. Still, Drake HAS to be on that list. If he isn’t the best rapper out of all of them … except for maybe Blu. And sometimes Wale. Other than that, I’m giving Drake the spot.
I get paid tomorrow, that’s good. Tonight that girl I’ve been looking into is supposed to call? Yeah … we’ll see about that. Her friend thinks that I’m seriously a player. Like, really.
Some of that is by association since my brothers (GCB) are known to get around like Tupac at the Playboy Mansion. Still though, is it right to just classify someone by their friends? Will Smith has this quote though, in this movie that I can’t remember (ugh!): "You are who you associate with, look around at you 5 closest friends, that’s who you are. You don't want to be that person; you know what you have to do." Any of my true hip-hop heads, if you’ve heard Nas’ “Association” then you’ve heard the quote. Or listen to this song by Consequence. At any rate, I had to like, break down and explain myself to this girl, but forget it. Should I have to explain myself to anyone?
Lately I’ve been on my Blu shit too. “Below the Heavens” is such a dope album.
Probably the best album that came out last year. It seems like everything he raps about is the truth. It’s like Kanye, but if he still wasn’t THERE. Like, listening to Blu makes me want to be a better person lol. It also makes me rethink how I write and the clarity with which I rhyme. Good stuff, you should definitely go check it out if you’re not up on him yet.
3 comments:
Drake def. needs to be on that list.
And yes, that by far was the best album of '07.
Eric you need to hit me up with some new music sir, I know you got the goodies!
yeah, i fucks with drake too, he really should be number one.
your blog looks fly, holmes.
Post a Comment