talking down.

"If you cannot convince them, confuse them." - Harry S. Truman

There you have it, from one of the best presidents we have seen (we in a relative term), you have my take on women.

Every girl that I talk to calls me confusing. Not most of them ... some of them ... a few of them ... ALL of them. This seems to be sort of a general consensus among them, for whatever reason. I still cannot figure out WHY I'm confusing, though I too have accepted that I am. I confuse myself.

I like girl(s). Plural is always better than singular, unless of course you're exclusive. Then, I suggest you be singular lol. But the choice of the matter is that I like women. And sometimes, women like me.

Now let's do a freeze-frame right here. You know, where the scene stops but the main character talks. I get nervous. A lot. For as many girls that tell me I'm cute or whatnot, I still feel inadequate. As if I'm lacking SOMETHING. A therapist would say it’s due to me getting dissed by so many girls when I was younger. Well you know what invisible therapist? You're probably right.

-leans back on couch.

But what does that have to do with me being confusing? And what're you writing in that notebook?

I'm one of those people that like to upgrade. Phones, shoes, music ... whatever it is I usually want to have the latest there is. Same comes with girls. I can talk to one and I'll find the smallest flaw ever and want to talk to someone else. I know I have my flaws ... I just don't think that mine matter. Pretty fucked up, right? It is. But even with that flaw I'll still like you. Just not as much. So I'll keep you around and keep talking to you, while withdrawing a little.

Now, safe to say that I've gotten past that ... pretty much. I accept the fact that everyone is flawed so no need to abuse me in my comments. What's worse though, is because of me not getting the amount of girls people think I should, I know I'm going to settle. But then again, I won't settle, because I'm too picky. It really is a terrible dilemma.

I'm in the position where I don't want to be loved at the moment. It isn't that big of a deal to me considering that I haven't experienced that in awhile. It kind of is more important to have somebody understand me.

That way, I won't have to convince them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you find someone you truly love its easier to see past their imperfections.

stacey. said...

You're confusing Eric!

:)

Okay not really, just wanted to say that.

Actually, yes you are. Only in the sense that you don't know what you want, and are so so very fickle when it comes to just about everything; you're constantly changing your mind and in turn, when someone thinks they've started to understand you ... *bam!* changes. And I can relate this to you because I am the exact same way. It's not good, at all. But eh, I don't feel like it's a "flaw" I should work on so I don't. I would like for just one person, preferably myself, to understand me though. I figure ... no one really understands me because I don't understand me. And therein lies the paradox.