Marriage thoughts.
[this is where you cue the horror music].
Sometimes I think of marriage, yet not like most women do. I know women dream from the age of six about their wedding and all that follows after. They have the guy picked out, the color arrangement, the church ... even the weather. Doing secret deals at the age of 13 with the devil to make sure the sun shines bright on their wedding day.
Me? I don't think too much about the wedding. Hell, I don't think too much about the honeymoon. I mean, what is there to think about?! Eat. Sex. Sleep. [repeat].
So what do I think about? Well ... the marriage part. What kind of husband I'll be and the type of father. As with a lot of people I didn't have the BEST father, but he wasn't the worst. I just know that I want to be better. And as a husband ... well, I don't really have any inspiration ... unless you count tv.
Okay, so obviously tv isn't real. I know that much, give me credit! I won't lie though and say I don't want a marriage like, let's say Ray & Debra from Everybody Loves Raymond. I want to be just like Ray. Really. He's funny. Has a great job. A hot wife. Twins (I really want twins). Plays golf a lot. And what's better is, life always works out at the end of the day.
No matter what the problem, it's always solved in the 30 minute time constraints, and if not then in the next episode dubbed "Part 2". The wife doesn't cheat, the kids aren't terrible, mom cooks food all the time. Really sounds great. I also like the comedy. The fact that it isn't really monotonous. They're always up to something and everything usually has a punchline. Same with King of Queens. Ladies, I'm your Kevin James! Just skinny. And black. And probably a little less funny, but still funny, nevertheless!
I do have my potential wives picked out. Let's forget T.I.'s "you can't turn ho into a housewife" line for some of them. =/
1. Rachel Bilson
At first, I had gave this spot to Aubrey from Danity Kane ... BUT ... upon further review, Aubrey will be a lil sweettooth of mine while I go for the more intelligent Rachel. MM!2. Sage Steele
Okay, so she's married. Technically, she isn't eligible ... but I mean, intelligent black woman with a love for sports?! I wonder if she has a sister ...3. Anna Bryant
Wait. This was a failed mission from 7th grade. Moving on ...4. Hayden Paneittierre
Even without the powers from Heroes, she's still a beast. A gorgeous, talented beast.5. Cassie
I mean, why WOULDN'T she be on here? You know better lol.6. Aundrea
Because she's cute ... AND wifey material. Blaow!Eh. I can't think of anymore ... but there is hope for me to land one of these women.
People ask me why I am single. It's by choice. I just choose not to date all these pretty women around me. Or they choose not to date me. One of the two. ANYWAYYYYY ...
4 comments:
correction to your statement about women and marriage. i definitely never dreamt about the perfect wedding dress or any of that bullshit. its just a day whats really important are all the days that follow that. good luck with your list of women even though i personally think we(humans in general) shouldn't keep a running list, i think important people fall into our lives at unexpected times and if we're looking to hard in the opposite direction we'll miss it...wait was that too much of a stretch from your wives list? well it was just a thought.
^DON'T LISTEN TOO HER!!^
Shoot for the moon and you'll land in the stars, I see hella dudes around here who settled and I just SMH... I think you can manifest the type of person you want to be with... I really do
You ol' "I've got jungle fever, she's got jungle fever! We've got jungle fever! We're in love" ass nigga.
Lol, seriously. Marriage? Eh? I'd rather not. I read the blog though. Lol @ 13 years old making deals with the devil.
"I want a slight wind to the northeast at a steady 72 degrees and pretty clouds, but not a lot."
(rather not talk about it)
Post a Comment