That makes me laugh every time I hear it, see it, write, read it or think about it. I'm the type of person that just laugh and laugh and laughs. I fall on the ground a lot and roll around; that's how I know something is truly hilarious.I kind of view life for what it is, straddling closer to the line of "in the moment" than "preparing for the future". Nothing feels better to me than to be on-the-go, rather than sitting down with a large itinerary. My mind gets too cloudy and muddled down and I want to do that before I do this.
Perhaps I think too much. I often can't sleep because I just lay in bed imagining all sorts of things. Normal things, weird things, wonderful things, terrible things ... whatever it is it keeps me from sleeping. Just thinking 24/7. Sometimes I think of how it'd be nice to just have that blank state of mind. I always wonder how that must feel, a state of peacefulness. Who knows, maybe I should try yoga.
I'm just a soul, whose intentions are good. Please Lord; please don't let me be misunderstood.
I do some weird shit. Like, I don't even know what I do when I do it. You ever do something and reflect on it 2 hours later like, "uhhh ... maybe I shouldn't have done that"? That's how my life is constantly lol.
I was reflecting on my past experiences with women this morning ... and I have to stress experiences because I shy away from relationships now. I'm just thinking of how I try to portray myself as the ultimate gentleman ... when in my mind I'm so dirty. I don't act dirty, but I just think it. I look at the girl's ass when she walks by ... I imagine what it would be like pressing my body on her blah blah blah ... this is what I do! But I exercise control. Sometimes though, I want to get crazy and just holla at every girl lol.
I'm so big on how people perceive me. Like, that kind of stuff really gets to me. When I walk by people I want them to think something incredible like, "I hope he walks by again." I'm like Sylar on Heroes ... not only am I pure mischief, but I know I'm destined to be special and admired and whatnot. I honestly believe that, no matter how convoluted it is lol.
On to some other stuff ...
It really did take Jessica Alba to get me registered to vote. I figured, no matter if I want to vote or not, I might as well register. So I went and did that ... 98% because of this:
Oh, and Usher's video for "Trading Places" is SO dope.
--------------------------------------------
I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions. - Augusten Burroughs
You know what's one of the hardest things to do in life? Accept your flaws. I can point out something wrong with everyone else but when it comes to me, I'm just ... "misunderstood". Nobody understands me, nothing is wrong in actuality. That's the curtain that I hide behind, hoping that the show will never proceed.
If you're afraid to let someone else see your weakness, take heart; nobody’s perfect. Besides, your attempts to hide your flaws don't work as well as you think they do. - Julie Morgenstern
Do you know what it's like being an underdog? Well I'm sure we all have been second in something. So they say the way to get to the top is be strong, never waver, and never back down. Never show weakness, because when you do, you expose yourself. It's much easier to point out the weaknesses in others than in yourself, most definitely.
A diamond with a flaw is worth more than a pebble without imperfections. - Chinese proverb
I have this thing where I like beautiful women. Terrible illness, I know. So if I see a lady in a magazine or on TV, I comment about her. Some people think I'm obsessed with celebrity women lol, but it's actually the opposite. It's easier to see a woman on TV who appears to have no flaws to gawk at. It kind of makes you appreciate the women around you who have imperfections and don't have to try so hard to hide them. You can accept them for who they are, and not who they're portrayed to be by their publicist or writer. With all of that being said though, Jessica Alba may still be perfect lol.
“Until you can prove yourself perfect, you cannot put others down for their imperfections.”
Damnit! You see, we as a people love to put others down and see others going through rough patches. We love to look for flaws and find things wrong with people better than us, and drag them down. When I didn't make the basketball team my freshman year, I criticized everyone that made it because I wasn't as good as them (although I actually was, but anywayyyy ... ). This quote right here may be the hardest for me to grasp, seriously.
1 comment:
Do yoga. It's very centering.
Post a Comment