moderate.


ME!

Anyway, I love looking at things that I wrote in the past. I want to say to see how much I've grown, but sometimes old Eric seems wiser than now Eric. So yeah, time to time I shall post some of these old writings of mine. I had actually wrote another blog, but ehh.

This I wrote ... February 1, 2007.
"Battle"

I talk about what I know, what I've learned.
I observe my surroundings, my settings, and the people around me in order to get a better idea on the bearings in my life. I never walk into a battle without proper ammunition; never leave without respect for my opponent and myself.

The trouble is, what if you have something personal on the line in this battle? What if the battle lays deeper in your soul than any dream you've ever dreamed. What if the battle plays more in your mind that the thoughts you conceal from the general public. What if this battle is the only thing that can save you, yet at the very same moment it's helping you, destroy you.

Then you must disregard the weapons. Drop them. Walk out to the middle of the field and say aloud, This is who I am! I will not change, will not waver my stance for no one, no not even you. Although I feel as if the stronghold you have on me is greater than even I could bear, I must let it go. I will face you with the foolishness of a teenager in love, yes, but I will also come with the courage of a man about to lose his wife.

Everyone goes through this battle.
Different types however.

Life wouldn't be life without them, nor would it be worth living if it weren't for these times. They allow us to see deeper in ourselves. Too many times we often look into others for the answers, when they lay much closer to home. It rarely takes a minute to ask yourself whether you are prepared for the upcoming battle, whether you are ready for what life has to throw at you next. But in that minute that you question yourself, you realize that you are so much stronger.

Take that strength and walk into the field of life for the battle has been going on for ages.


----

Eh, what about THAT shit? Anyway, before I go, let me post this video. Don't laugh at me. :-S.

3 comments:

asexual girlbot said...

lmao at that video. thanks for letting me watch you wash and put away dishes. that old blog you posted is highly insightful, don't you just love it when you look back and realize damn i was kinda smart!

stacey. said...

-laughs at you-

Wasted 1:25 of my life Eric.
And it's nice to look back, but better to look ahead.

Lizzy said...

LMAOOOO!

Eric, this is too silly.

Where's my video?