Autumn's the mellow time. - William Allingham
People associate different seasons with different things. Spring with love. Summer with fun. Winter with ... nasty colds and tons of phlegm. What is fall?
October is a symphony of permanence and change. - Bonaro W. Overstreet
Right on Mr. Bonaro! Can’t say that I entirely understand the quote, but I won’t say that I won’t lie and pretend that I do. No, actually I think I do understand it. As things change, things must stay the same. Some things go, and some things stay. Like … friends. You may change, while your friends stay the same. In that kind of situation, what is it that you do? Do you abandon your friend? Find better friends? What is it?
More quotes.
Confucius said, “Have no friends not equal to yourself.”
I love it. If you’re a person who does wonderful things, what use it to have friends that don’t do wonderful things? If you’re a person that aspires to do wonderful things … why would you have friends that don’t?
We’re born into this world needing other people. We NEED them. They have studies or whatever on people that were deprived human contact or whatnot, and they were messed up, to say the least. Friends are important in our lives. Hell, they even had a long-running show on NBC about it. Thing is, how do you decide when your friends should become … well … not your friends?
Okay, so you have different levels of friends. You have the ones you talk to everyday, the ones that you just have to talk to. Then you have the ones that you might talk to once a week or so, maybe write them on Facebook and chat through there every couple of days. You have the ones that you don’t see for a long time, but when you do, it’s as if they’re your everyday friend. Then you have the ones that only talk to you when they need a favor lol. How’re you supposed to be friends to all of these people?!
I was watching Seinfeld yesterday and this guy was trying to be Jerry’s new best friend and Jerry said, “Sorry, I already have 3 friends, there just isn’t room for anymore!” Lol, it was really funny … but I got to thinking like I usually do and realized that that’s kind of how I am. I understand that because of my charming personality and winning smile (I kid) a lot of people want to be my friend. Or not. But whatever the case is, I don’t NEED a lot of friends. Growing up I had one best friend, and like, a supporting cast you might say. I think that’s always how I’ve been. I’m more comfortable in the Jerry Seinfeld role of having 3 good friends and not 30 of the friends that you talk to a little bit.
A lot of people have yahoo messenger. It’s the way that most of the people online talk to each other. When I look at my messenger I see a ton of names, and think hard about who these people are and if they’re really true friends. Like 50 Cent said, “I’m a bad judge of character, I know that shit.” Heck, I think I am. Sometimes I can be too trusting and befriend people who I don’t really need to. I don’t even consider if these people are “equal to me”. Hell, I don’t even know if I’m equal to them lol. I just know that I try to be a go-getter and when I think of myself, I see a loner’s mentality. I don’t need 30 friends because … usually I’m good on it just being me. I like being alone. I like having friends, but then again, I really don’t. I can’t trust anyone like I trust me, and no-one else has my taste in music like me. I laugh at my own jokes. I love my sense of style. Wow, guess what I just realized?
I’m my own best friend.
1 comment:
Yo bro, I'm tired of reading your blog and never saying anything prolific. You are one of the best writers I know, and I admire you for sharing you thoughts with the cyber community. I need to be like you when I grow up, but yea it doesn't always be like that. Low key tho you are one of my good friends, I value you opinion a lot and hold what you say to a very high standard. You are one talented individual and everyday look forward to submersing myself within the recesses of your mind.
Post a Comment