The Lion King is one of my favorite movies, if not my favorite. Between the plot, the characters and the songs, it seemed like the most wonderful thing to ever hit a screen. Of course I was probably around 9 when it came out so now I have this jaded view of cartoon movies these days.
Anyway, Lion King successfully followed Simba from his journey as a boy to a man. A king more precisely. All in the span of like, 25 seconds as he walked across that log. Remember? How he started out little as he was walking then got bigger and bigger until he burst out with "IT MEANS NO WORRIES! ..."
:
Damn. I wish life transformation could be that easy. Wake up a boy, forego all the weird teenage stuff and go straight towards becoming a man. There's not really anything weird about being a teenager anymore though. Like, I can't recall any weird things. I never had that annoying acne or w/e. Any of that other weird shit. Thing is, all of those things that happened, were in the past. All those tiny steps that led to me being me, are now gone, just a memory.
And just like in Lion King, a certain memory came back.
Simba had his childhood "sweetheart" or w/e come back to him when he grew up, and oddly, I find myself in the same position. Now, she's leaving for school in a week but its weird. I can remember when we dated as 13 yr. olds (yeah, this is waaaay back) and we talked the usual nonsense about being together forever and stuff. Come to realize, that she's back in my life for whatever reason. She isn't the most beautiful girl I've ever talked to. While super intelligent, not the smartest. So why am I considering her in the midst of all the girls I could be talking to?
Because I grew up. I realized love isn't about being the most attractive, or smartest, or most popular. I do love this girl, I can honestly say that. Will we date? Probably not. But if anything, I've come to terms with that childish mentality I had of what I wanted in a woman.
This kid is a king now. Word to Simba.
3 comments:
Wow, this entry was a great read.
The Lion King is my favorite disney movie. You're absolutely right, it's a great film! I think you can relate to it no matter how old you are.
i love lion kinggggg.
i feel soft tho.
but i like how you related it to your own life.
lion king = the shit til the day we die.
and i dig the relations . hmmm wonder what original disney movie i can compare my life too? o_o
i hated how they made a part 2 to lion king tho i was like wtf? kill it :|
much love tho.
Post a Comment