First things first ... hit "older posts" for a video. That's all.
[back to the blog].
What's in a promise?
Do they even hold weight these days, or is that just a word that people throw around. I for one hate the word and everything that comes with it. Well, not hate, but dislike. Nobody really respects the idea behind a promise.
When it comes to promising someone something, I am ultra-reluctant. I feel that it'd be so wrong if I ever broke that promise. I envision everything that could happen in the future to get in the way of me keeping that promise ... and eventually I decide against it.
Too many things could make me falter. I succumb to temptation more than I wish I did. That's a quality about me that I truly don't like.
When I think of like, the ultimate promise we can make, besides giving Jesus our life (w00t!), it's marriage. Nothing else in our life is such a big step, a huge commitment. Unfortunately though, not a lot of people think that way. How common in our lifetime is divorce? I mean, seriously ... where is the lifelong commitment, the promise? Marriage scares me for a lot of reasons, but what would you think if I said the number one reason is that my wife would divorce me? Not because of what I might do, but because of her lack of staying true. Her failing of her promise, our vows.
No one cherishes that shit anymore. I don't want a 10 year marriage. I want a lifetime. I don't want a girl who will run at the first sign of trouble, or the 2nd or 3rd. Nobody works through things anymore, and if someone does, people heckle them. Remember when Kobe's wife stayed with him, or how Hillary stayed with Bill? Not saying I should be able to cheat on my wife and it be okay, but geez. A woman that sticks by her man is commendable.
Promises never last forever. I heard that in a song, and vowed to never make that apply to me. That may be why I rarely make them ... I mean, if you can't keep it, why say it? If I do promise you something, God-forbid I don't keep it. That goes to everything, everyone, especially my future wife. I got you babe!
Speaking of wives ... I was looking on a mail-order site. Lmao. Just seeing what's on there. I must say, some of them weren't bad. Where's the mail-order girlfriends?! Oh, that's crushspot ...
Anyway, I narrowed my imaginary search to these:



ORRRRR ... I could hope to meet Jessie Burciaga.

5 comments:
Promises are made to be broken. (I had an epiphany in the tub last night)
Church.
DID YOU SEE THIS COMMENT TOO?
SHIT,MAN.
When I have an epiphany in the tub ... suddenly it gets warm.
=/
lol, but no, I don't think that saying should be true. They should be made to be cherished.
Nigga,it's 2008. Who cherishes shit these days? Trust and promises eh. Save that shit for the birds.
>_< i always keep my promises. late... but i always do<3 im a woman of my word. my word is all i have at times. but hold true to yours. im sure god understands you... he sees the pure heart. hopefully you get there one day. so you can stop day dreaming.
Post a Comment