any ... more, more.

"Clothes are but the resonance of one's identity" - Pharrell

One day I wish icould have a quote. I don't even care what its about, just a quote. Hopefully I write one meaningful sentence in my blog daily, that I can use as a quote. That really means you're somebody, when people can quote you lol.

But back to the actual quote at hand ... I love it. When people start asking me why I dress a certain way or whatnot, that's what I'm going to recite to them.

Since I dub myself "dumb fly" there really is no leeway for me being anything but just that. Sometimes I try, like Kanye West, and sometimes it comes natural, a la Pharrell. Thing is, at the end of the day I like to think that I looked my best. Some call it being self-conscious, and I have to say I agree. I am.

A certain person told me yesterday however that it seems as if I try to follow what other people do. Like, dress like Pharrell or dress like Kanye. Try to fit that skater/preppy niche or w/e. I wasn't really going to get much into it with said person because to an extent it was correct. To an extent.

I love GQ. I buy it for a certain reason. I love seeing different styles and thinking of how it'd fit on me. I do look at Kanye & Pharrell & Russell Simmons (lol!) for inspiration. Why? Because I want to take certain aspects from different people that I like and fuse it to make my own style.
I don't want to be seen as a copycat. I take chances lol! Where I'm from, how I dress isn't really always what's "fly" to people. I could trip on it, but when I wear it I feel like me. I don't wonder how people will think of me when I wear so much as I hope that the feeling I get from wearing it will wear off on them. Sure there are the stereotypical posers but come on, everyone is technically a poser. It takes something like 1,000 years for an original idea to be thought of.


I wear skater clothes because I skate. Preppy clothes because they look nice and mature. Some hip-hop clothing because it feels like I'm me when I wear it. All of it combined is my identity. Like the magazine ... I'm complex.

Funny thing ... the girl I'm currently "talking" to and I were walking around American Eagle. I told her I rapped. And how I don't like to tell people because "everyone raps." Her response?"Good ... I wouldn't have gone out with you if I knew that."

2 comments:

asexual girlbot said...

"everyone is technically a poser. It takes something like 1,000 years for an original idea to be thought of."
there your quotable.
i'm gonna go out on a limb here and say its been a long ass time since anything has been original, people like to think they're orginal because theyre the first person in there social circle to do something. they seem to forget there are other people out there and someone has probably done what you're doing way before you thought to do it. its not plagarizism/biting if you acknowledge the source you draw from.... okay im done *exits stage right*

asexual girlbot said...

ehmmm sorry i dont want to delete and retype my comment.
*you're not "your quotable"... i hate when people do that. okay im gone forreal