-moving on.
I started something new today on the bus. Imagine if I was working on like, 2 songs a day. And working hard on them. Then image two months work of that. Well, that's kind of like the hustle that I'm on ...
Anyway, I saw that I had Jay-Z's "Never Change" instrumental on my iPod, so I started on that. Just something rough, was freestyling and tried to copy down what I said before I forgot it lol.
From the middle of the map, I ran with the pack
Played the little brother role, had to get back
Never sold packs, just watched them collect stacks
Then I would spit them hard raps, they'd pat me on the back
I was only 13, just a youngin' on the scene
Interested by the hustle, mesmerized by the green
And just when it seemed, for that life I was deemed
I lost my big cousin and along went my dreams
While I was watching rappers in the v.i.p.
He was, losing his life due to h.i.v.
As a boy growing up told crying was weak
But during the funeral I just couldn't stop the leak
So now I leak songs and I pray to the heavens
That every sin that he ever made was forgiven
Keep him in my mind as I rise from the bottom
"Always put God first" never is forgotten ...
[chorus]
My father always told me I could be anything
The usual parent talk if you know what i mean
But it always stuck with me and at the age of 18
I finally realized that music was my dream
Never was the type to, brag about ho's ...
Played the little brother role, had to get back
Never sold packs, just watched them collect stacks
Then I would spit them hard raps, they'd pat me on the back
I was only 13, just a youngin' on the scene
Interested by the hustle, mesmerized by the green
And just when it seemed, for that life I was deemed
I lost my big cousin and along went my dreams
While I was watching rappers in the v.i.p.
He was, losing his life due to h.i.v.
As a boy growing up told crying was weak
But during the funeral I just couldn't stop the leak
So now I leak songs and I pray to the heavens
That every sin that he ever made was forgiven
Keep him in my mind as I rise from the bottom
"Always put God first" never is forgotten ...
[chorus]
My father always told me I could be anything
The usual parent talk if you know what i mean
But it always stuck with me and at the age of 18
I finally realized that music was my dream
Never was the type to, brag about ho's ...
Have to finish that.
Nothing more today due to tonight's event. Uhm ... lets not speak on that. No jinxing over here. Expect more tomorrow?
Oh. And I updated my flickr. Like three days ago lol. You should still go visit. =]
No comments:
Post a Comment