1/3.

Wow.

Third blog of the day.
Maybe I shouldn't be home all day lol.

Hey, check this: Jay & I ran across Lizzy on tv. Okay, I dubbed her Lizzy, but tell me this doesn't look like her!
And that koala ... has some fly shoes, word to Nike.

I've been watching cartoons all day, after doing some work inside this new house. Trying to get acquainted to it and whatnot. My beds come Friday. Yup. Bed(s). I'm getting two. :D

But yeah, I was watching cartoons and I realized how much fun cartoons are/were. But what's more, the attitude they have in them. The "everyone wins" attitude. Now of course, we all know that in life, everyone doesn't win. There are winners ... losers ... and the people that don't care. I think I focus too much on when I don't win, and I should move over ... to the I don't care. If I don't win, I shouldn't dwell on the loss, but prepare for the next battle.

I believe that I have this attitude (they say it's common among black males, ugh) that the world is against me. Well you know what? The world may be against, but I'm not going to hold that against the world. I'll only let it encourage me to do something to tilt the table to my side. I didn't do good at a particular song? Write another one. I get discouraged with my job? Search for a new one. I can't be fly? ... well, I mean ... I think I've figured that out.

Speaking of a new song ... I was just freestyling or whatever, and came up with this. I may record it. Eh.

see im not y'all rappers
im not a street trapper
i am a backpacker, but please don't get it backwards
im too smart ... for half the shit you talk about
all you unk-type rappers just walk it out
you can ask me, whose gon' pass me?
none of y'all niggas, cuz my rhymes too nasty
y'all girlfriends nasty ...
that's why i only mess with chicks like Cassie
sophisticated, beyonce upgraded
itunes playlist
see me top rated
them niggas hate it ..
they think im jaded ...
im just tryna have success like jay did
this is my kingdom come ...
after three albums, man, the boy is done
lupe style ...
cuz nowaday's you can't even buy a freestyle

Me being different really discourages me more than anything else. So by that token, I think I have to be EXTRA good just to get acknowledged. Which is kind of a heavy burden. But it's weird, this is were Stacey makes me smile. When we first met, she heard my song 'When I Hustle' and was like, "this is so good" blah blah blah. And whenever I make something, I think of how good that made me feel when she said she liked, and hope that what I'm creating someone else will feel that way. Thanks Stacers.

At the end of the day I think I lose focus on why I started rhyming ... because I loved putting words together and hearing how cohesive they sounded. The logistics of rhyming, and the freedom of it. If anything, Myspace has ruined hip hop for me. It makes me strive to outdo the person next to me, get more friend requests, upload more songs, etc ... when the only one I should be fighting with is myself.

From the small talk, my words
It's only meant for big things
So I settle for nothing less then the big screen
I got dreams but I ain't Dr. King
Want to make freedom ring
Wouldn't mind a pinky ring
What's wrong with having nice things
Shit, back in Africa wearing the gold was a sign of a king
Naledge just a sign of the times
Every line in my rhyme define off the top of the mind
I'm one of a kind

okay, lemme go watch Juno with my may-me. 8-|.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. your ass ain't blog TODAY.

Lizzy said...

may-me.

lmaoooooooo!

murakami said...

BLAH.

Lizzy said...

Why so blah?