blue.magic.

Alright, so I've been kind of busy. I guess. Writing and stuff...I really wanted that Blue Magic instrumental so when I found it last night I immediately started writing to it. I knocked it out in a couple of hours and yeah, I'm pretty satisfied with what I got. I'm pretty sure that that'll make it to the mixtape. Check it out...tell me what you think and all of that... www.myspace.com/jfkishot

I was watching the "Steve Wilko" show earlier...and was getting so mad. There was this guy who was a "deadbeat" dad and his baby's momma brought him on there to tell everyone how worthless he is and blah blah. And that's fine, you know. He may be a deadbeat dad and that's terrible...but why do you have to bring him on television just to air your dirty laundry? And then Steve goes on this rant like "this is what's wrong with America...dads like you..." and more blah blah. And I'm just thinking, "this is what's wrong with America?" I thought it was things like the war, healthcare, social security, gas prices...

We can spend airtime talking about "who's the father" but we don't really give two flying fxcks about impending issues that have an even greater impact on our lives. I know that things like fathers who aren't around are very important...and should be discussed. But the way they just tore that guy down made me mad. It would have been different had Steve asked the man his point of view and then the woman's and then went on to talk about whatever. But he denied the man the chance to talk and just heard the woman's version. That kind of made me angry, because why bring him all of that way when you're not even going to acknowledge the dude.

Ugh. Anyway...I have to go with my mom today to go look at some houses. She says when she buys this new house I can move in with her, but I'm still leaning towards getting my own place. In one hand, it's kind of foolish because I can live there for free and have the food, all of that, taken care of...but on the other hand I just want to be in a place BY MYSELF. lol. I kind of like to be isolated. Seems weird but eh.

No comments: