"All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty." - Proverbs 14:23

Someone on my facebook had that as their status, and after reading I realized (besides the fact I never read the Bible anymore) that this instantly needed to become my mantra for 2012. What use is screaming, "I don't want to be broke no mo'" when my work ethic doesn't match? Better yet, I'm applying this to every facet of my life, including working out. Just replace profit with ripped body, and poverty with fatness.

Yesterday my mom and I signed up for this fitness center in our neighborhood, and I stayed for a couple of hours and played basketball. I honestly did not realize how out of shape I was until I was out of breath only about five minutes in. When I came home, I went right to sleep after showering, and woke up sore. BAD!

I'm headed back there in a few minutes though, to keep up with this pace of bettering my life. And today begins the week of me preparing for what should be my best weekend of 2012. Exciting things are happening at the end of this week, and I'm EXTREMELY nervous. Excited too, but nervous.

Oh, and I'm still working on a mixtape. Lmao.

2 comments:

Ahlexandria said...

I am ready to see what you have up your sleep. Besides me needing some more lens advice lol. But I am happy & excited for you!

Ashley A. said...

BEST WEEK EVAAAAAAAAAAAAR