I'd be lying if I said I wasn't glad that Thanksgiving is over. I'd also be lying if I said that I actually cared whether it was over or not. Most of my holidays get condensed and chopped up by means of me having to either work, mope around in my own melancholy, and imagine how my future holidays will turn out.
This Thanksgiving was spent largely by myself in my room mixing in bouts of watching football with cat naps. Most of my family went to Memphis to be with more of my family, but because of work I was stuck here. Or maybe not stuck since that's kind of how I prefer most of my days anyway. In the comfort of my room where I can sleep, or play Playstation, or surf the internet or just feel bad for myself -- sometimes I mix that last one in while doing the other ones.
I showed a little restraint last night. I went out to the mall to buy the pair of Jordans that released. That was my intent. Got there around 1:30 a.m. and there was already a line forming. I was about 13th in line, not bad. The store was opening at 6. Yeah, 6. I ended up going home and saving my money. I didn't want the shoes as much as I thought I did, kind of just wanted them because everyone else was getting them. I'm a little too old to be doing that regarding shoes. I only need to purchase the ones I really want.
That was kind of a smart decision seeing as how I have more than a few things to pay for in the next few months. School tuition payments, getting my mom a Kindle Fire for Christmas, a car, George's gift, and a gift for the woman I'm talking to. She actually already bought me something, something really nice. Meanwhile, I'm at a complete loss as to what to get her. I don't shop for people, especially someone like this.
All of that means that I would love a second job to be able to live somewhat more comfortably. I just want to inch towards comfortable. Sometimes I wonder how it feels to not stress about money. That just has to feel amazing ...
3 comments:
You still have time to see what you would get her. Take what she likes in & get something you think she will absolutely enjoy. If not keep the receipt lolll. I'm kidding. Good to see you blog > :)
Oh my gosh Alex, this is too hard! Lol. I'm the worst gifter in the history of the world.
OMFG! You have to give yourself more credit than that. Hm, if you need help you can always e-mail me so we can figure it out together. We will have to go through a list of what she likes & investigate some things. =/
But I remember you did a lip gloss or lipstick purchase for her. How did that end up going?
Post a Comment