Guess who is planning on going running when he gets off of work?? This guy. I say planning because I'm quite sure that when I actually DO get off of work I'll more than likely change my mind. I hope I don't though, I was pretty hyped to go do it earlier. I decided to do it in the mornings at the track at my school. Not sure if the track is open that early, but it should be. I don't know how these things work.

I've made the decision to start running for two reasons. One is a hidden reason and the other is because I feel fat and out of shape. Okay, so maybe not FAT, but still. I was reminiscing about the large stuffed crust pizza I had all to myself when I realized, "damn, you have a problem." Then I thought about the zebra cakes I consumed for my midnight snack and it was all downhill from there, lol. My stomach has a little roundness to it, I think. I have my v-cut still, but there's roundness. I think. Maybe. I could just be paranoid, but still, nothing wrong with being healthier.

A couple of weeks ago when I went into the city to take pictures I drove through this big park we have here. There were people running, biking, roller-blading ... just being active. Basically the opposite of whatever it is I am. Now, I don't have a bike that I can go ride (though I wish I did), nor do I have a car that I could attach a bike to, so that's out of the question. Maybe in the future. I wouldn't mind being one of those nuts out there in 90-degree weather riding a bike for an hour. Attaching it to my Jetta that I don't have and driving it to some hills for some serious weekend biking. [insert laugh]

Okay, so that'll probably never be me, but running is easier. I can do that anywhere right? I see people running in the neighborhood at night. I don't really like running in the neighborhood, I'm paranoid of dogs. Seriously. I run with the image of a dog jumping over a fence and ripping my leg apart in the back of my mind. No good. We'll see how this goes though. I figure I can do it 3, 4 times a week. Staying in shape is good Eric. Gooood.

If I keep it up for 3 weeks I'm going to treat myself to some cool running shoes and those awesome Dri-Fit socks. I'll let you all know how it pans out.

2 comments:

miss.lee said...

more power to you eric, i tried running and working out. i failed at both. i have since canceled my gym membership. and i cant make it to the top of my block, running hurts my body. the only thing i still do is ride my bike and i stretch every morning. i feel slightly more in shape but not much. lol

the dumb flyest. said...

Pfft, don't feel bad, I tried running a year or so ago and quit after a week. I've found out that running is 80% psychological. It's the easiest thing to do, way easier than the gym, but still hard to motivate ourselves to do.

You should start back up! We can keep tabs on each other lol.