So while at work I watched 'The Devil Wears Prada'. Yah, I pretty much thought it was a great movie. This is why I need to broaden my horizons when it comes to movies! I'm extremely picky, I always miss little gems like this.
I have to say too, Meryl Streep looked, for lack of a better word ... sexy. Gorgeous. [insert more synonyms].
Really. If only I was a 50, 60 yr. old man, it would be OVER. Lmao. I can't believe I actually typed that, but seriously, she was stunning in that movie. I think it was the hair swoop. And her voice. Lawls. That's definitely cougar status x20.
One other thing about the movie. Nigel was super stylish.
I long for the days when my bank account can satisfy my fashion urges. I hold tight to this notion that if I was wealthy I would indubitably be the best dressed man on the planet. I mean, probably not, but still. I wouldn't mind being the guy in the $10,000 Tom Ford suit.
I think nowadays people look to dress cool, and they follow fashion trends. I would love for my style to be a timeless one, one that'd always be in. Nicely tailored suits, form fitting shirts, maybe even "grown-up" hats as I become older. (I don't think I'll ever be able to completely give up my love for New Era fitteds) Clothes that are always relevant, and not what the most famous rapper at the moment is wearing. I mean, do you all remember the rock-star fad of '06 - ''08? Yeah, let's not do that again. If anything I'd always love to be the one overdressed, instead of the one underdressed. Example: I went to a restaurant unexpectedly a few weeks ago and was wearing shorts. I felt like a teenager, not a 22 yr. old.
Which brings me to women. I don't desire supermodels to grace my arm as so many people think. I'm actually pretty fond of the "girl next door" type. I must say though, the whole "I only wear sneakers thing" is kind of lost on me. I love a woman in heels. It's beyond sexy to me. A woman in a pair of pumps is almost an instant turn-on. I can't even say why but it exudes style, grace and power to me. The same with dresses, and skirts. Sweatpants, hair-tied, chillin' with no makeup on is perfect, perfect when we're lounging ... but outside of the house? Who am I dating, Britney Spears during her meltdown? I'm good.
All of this is in the future though because right now my bank account is more suited for Jordans, sweatpants, St. Louis fitted caps, etc. I like to throw in a "grown-up" item whenever I go shopping though, expand my wardrobe piece by piece. You know, because I'd rather be on the front of Details or GQ than a Famous Barr ad in the sports section.
You might still catch me wearing a g-shock with that Tom Ford suit though.


No comments:
Post a Comment