When I reached my door after walking up the steps (I decided I had enough elevator fun today) I could hear the voice of Sean Carter emitting through my door.
“so be it,
the soviet, the unified steady flow,
you already know, you light, I'm heavy roll, heavy doe,
mic macheted ya flow,
your paper falls slow like confetti, mine are steady grow,
perricooooo”
Instantly I remembered why I had fell in love with Zoey three years ago. She was simply unlike any other female I had ever met before.
She was about 5’7” and looked as beautiful in a pair of the latest Jordan’s as she did in a pair of the latest pumps that Carrie Bradshaw was sponsoring. She had short, curly hair, which I never saw in disarray. Her eyes were a shade of brown that was reminiscent to the sand in a child’s sandbox, possibly hinting at her playful nature. She was simply a beautiful, enjoyable person and it was natural that I fell for her. Being raised in Brooklyn had given her a sense of entitlement when it came to hip hop, and her love of Notorious B.I.G. and Jay-Z was what had sealed the deal for me.
As I walked through the door she was in Hov-mode, standing in front of a large mirror holding a can of air freshener, rapping. She was wearing one of my NY hats and had it pulled over her eyes. God this woman was sexy.
As soon as she saw me come in she turned off the music and bounced over as if her feet were barely touching the ground.
“So uhh, you done with the misses?” she coyly asked.
“Zoey, that is NOT my misses, shut up. “
I knew that Zoey being here would only lead to more bad things, but the look in her eye as she glared at me from under the brim of my fitted was hypnotizing. There was no way to plan where my life would go right now. I had just seemingly lost the last girl I had loved, was reintroduced to the first girl I loved, and hadn’t even eaten breakfast yet. Sometimes this all just seemed unreal.
“Eric, can you at least drop me off at the mall while you go do whatever?”
That I would be able to free myself of Zoey’s seductive aura seemed perfectly fine for me. After brushing my teeth and throwing on a white tee from my closet, I grabbed my keys and headed to the door. I turned around and saw Erin standing in front of the couch. What now?
“Do you love her?”
This was hardly the kind of conversation that I wanted to be having right now, but I was never one to lie to a female.
So I said not matter of factly.
“If you do, I’ll help you get her back.” She grabbed her bag after announcing that absolutely and walked out the front door.
I still have no idea what happened.
More time went by without Erin hitting me up. Every time the phone buzzed I would think it was her and eventually I stopped turning it on vibrate. Even seeing a missed call made me wish it was her, but it was always someone who I really didn’t want to talk to.
Zoey was pretty good though at keeping my mind off of Erin. I’m not sure if it was the way she would visit my room late at night … or the way she would cook me breakfast in the morning. Whatever it was, it was working most of the time. It almost felt like the very first time we had ever been together, only this time we weren’t together so things weren’t as complicated.
AND IDK WHAT TO WRITE AFTER THIS. Lol, I’m tired … more to come soon.
4 comments:
can i adapt it into a short film?
only if i can be in it.
i think i'd play eric pretty well.
LMAOOOOOOO @ you wanting to play Eric.
That would be pretty dope huh?
Womp womp.
Zoey 101.
Post a Comment