I mean, damn ... I should just cue Kanye's "Champion" as I write this blog. Nah, fuck that. I'm not even a champion. I don't have the heart of a champion. The desire ...
I think that you're born with it, but it has to be fed into. I know that at times I feel like I can't stop doing what I do, and I get all inspired and go hard for a little bit. Then I fall back kind of. Those are the times when I think of like, Diddy and Jay-Z and Russell Simmons and wonder if they ever slept a minute. Or just gave up. I realize that they probably didn't.
They probably thought about it ... but kept going. Persevered. But I don't know a damn about persevering though. Unless it's about how I persevered to get Anna B's attention. Maybe it was when I used to ask my mom for something over and over again. So if I could do it for that, why can't I do it for whatever it is that I want now?
I won't lie. I want the sweet right now. I don't want to go through the bad stuff. I mean, who does? So yeah, I looked for the easy way out on a lot of things. In school ... music ... women ... shit everything. All I do is take shortcuts, you know? Or all I did. Now, I think I know that I got to put in a lot of hard work. Which is messed up because I’m sort of lazy? But whatever. Enough of that ...
... watching old videos on MTV2, I don't think y'all realize how fly Jennifer Lopez was like, 5 years ago. She was seriously styling on A LOT of women. I'll take her over Cassie too. And that's big considering Cassie is my #2. Y'all remember that video "I'm Real" with Ja Rule?!
Tell me that wasn't hard. Like, for real. I put year 2000 up against any of these chicks today. ANY OF EM! Tell me who's doing it better. For real. You can't. That's my bodiqua. LOL.
I also got a picture today. I don't even know why I'm showing you this. This is at the wedding. Back when I had hair. Maaaaan, I kind of miss it, I can't even lie.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=33coena&s=4
I'm going to judo-chop Arielle if she won't stop complaining about me not having that " 'fro ". But uhhhh ... let me finish this job application for the YMCA. A brother is struggling these days ...
3 comments:
that video was the business back in the day . JLO was a bad bitch back then.
and as for taking the shortcuts things..alot of ppl do that its not bein lazy its juss not wanting to face the big bad nd shit ..
lolol at the pic.
This nigga looking so GQ.
JLO has like lost that baby fat.
Minus her ass reduction, she's still pretty.
Cassie = <3
But you knew this...
LOL @ Arielle complaining about your lack of fro-ness!
Poor thing, she's not used to the clean cut on you eh? I think it's nice. The hair was cool but it's time for something different, don't you think? In a lot of culture, it's even considered good luck when you cut your hair so think of it as a start of something new.
-pat your head
Plus, it makes you look grown :)
J-HO is a NO NO in my book.
I don't care how fly she was 5, 10, 20 years ago. I don't care for her.
Cassie is starting to lose some major points with me lately with her hot pink-ness. First, that hideous dress at the BET award. That shit looked like a pink highlighter exploded on her & IT WAS WRINKLED! WUSSSUPWITHTHAT?
and the hot pink stripper nails?
That has got to GO!
-shakes head
Just because she's with Diddy now, homegirl thinks she can pull off anything.
But yeah, no more shortcuts darkchild. You've got to stop being so lazy, it won't get you anywhere in life!
Post a Comment